Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
Personally I don't like non japanese parts on my hachi but it's strictly personal taste, nothing special. Smile

I'd like to choose FC3S calipers, because I have a set. I believe to bigger discs will give me more stopping power with two separated brake cylinders for front and rear using proportioning valve in beetween to properly set brake bias. Front wheel lock depends more on tire compound you choose not on brake force, I guess.
I would choose bigger rear discs as well with the factory caliper, if I come close to this part of my project. So any help in terms of front mounting would be helpful.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
XJS,
Quote:two separated brake cylinders for front and rear using proportioning valve in beetween to properly set brake bias
With dual master cylinder you don't need proportioning valve - you can adjust bias via brake pedal-to-master cylinders mechanism.
04-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
Thanks for the idea, I'll check it.
04-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
H7ERO dude,

we cained the car senseless at donington and never once did I experience any brake fade - pedal feel was always good too although I'm not sure what fluid is in there.

As for mounting the calipers I am not convinced they have mounting brackets - but I haven't looked to much. I know that AP racing and also Wilwood do certain calipers that will bolt straight onto the std OEM brackets. There is a good chance they may just fit.

If me and h7ero get some time on sunday at the Drift UK event we can maybe take a closer look. Brackets should be as cheap as chips. The CNC programming required should be very straight forward - a single CNC'd chunk of billet with the holes in the right places.

Alex is pretty sure they are Honda Civic disks on the front - again these have been drilled but I'm not sure where and why yet without stripping down one of the front hubs.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade]
04-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Mazda 4pot Brake Upgrade
2 Ian G.
Quote:The CNC programming required should be very straight forward - a single CNC'd chunk of billet with the holes in the right places.

You just find the correct offset also - to match new brake disc and caliper to the positions of the AE86 wheel hub. Keep in mind that this is the brake - there is no place for faults :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radiator oem or upgrade on racecar? Jimmi The Kid 5 5,194 06-23-2017 05:21 PM
Last Post: pack
  Ta60 carina steering upgrade? Allexz 15 13,799 06-01-2016 08:12 AM
Last Post: Allexz
  Weir Performance rear upgrade kit for AE86 heshan 5 8,516 07-22-2013 09:11 PM
Last Post: heshan
  HOWTO: Mazda FC3S 4pot Calipers Ian.G 33 47,056 01-29-2013 08:31 AM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen
  mazda rx7 wheels Roger 2 3,969 05-27-2011 05:45 PM