09-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Martelius exhausts for sale
the R1 are for 16v ou 20v ?

I'm so JDM I put everything sideways.
AE86 owner
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
gt99 Wrote:I think You misunderstood me. I am talking about manifold bolt holes. 16v and 20v manifolds have different positions for manifold bolt holes at both sides (all three center holes are the same).

For example here is Silkroad manifold for 16v AND 20v engines. As You see there are 2 holes for bolts at this side (and oval hole for diferent bolt position at other).

I am thinking about buying R1 manifold this winter for ae86 with blacktop, but I really would not like to modify the manifold flange.

edit/ answer: Martelius have chosen the same solution. 2 bolt holes next to each other.
This way you can use the manifold on both cylinder heads.
09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
|BUDA| Wrote:the R1 are for 16v ou 20v ?

R1 manifold fits both 16v 4A-GE AND 20v blacktop cylinderhead. The flange is designed featuring both bolt patterns.

The manifolds are made of mild-steel with heat resistant pearl grey coating.
09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
gt99 Wrote:Is there information how loud is competition exhaust system?

The over axle system should be less than 100dBA at 4500rpm from 50cm distance in 45 degree angle. Of course the rest of the engine affects the sound too, if the car doesn't run well the sound might be higher. Of the under axle versions Martelius doesn't have sound data.
09-02-2009, 05:34 PM
What is the diameter of the piping on the 4/2/1???

Do I see a "step", or is the pipe "crush" bent? (pipe #3 before the "Y")

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:What is the diameter of the piping on the 4/2/1???

manifold piping diameter

"Street" manifold is 38->44.5->50.8 in diameter

R1 is 41.5->50.8->63.5 in diameter

The pipes are mandrel bent with no steps. If there are any
deformations visible in photos it's most likely bad lighting of the
exposure, the photo studio isn't very professional.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Martelius exhausts for sale]

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Martelius exhausts for sale]
07-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Martelius Exhaust Product News

CERAMIC COATING OPTIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

R1 header (and selected other products) come standard with coating of Okitsumo heat resistant paint.

In the near future all ceramic coating options will become available:

1 layer of black, blue or titanium gray..... + € 100,-
2 layer with any top coat color from above.... + € 140,-
3 layer system with coated inside + two layers outside..... + € 190,-

(Most countries in European Union now 48-72hrs delivery for in stock products.)

Ordering:
[email protected]
[email protected]
T +31 620 158 004
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Speedline Wrote:Headers in combination with the right exhaust system will give a good increase in performance for any supercharged engine. Especially those with a mechanical driven supercharger. Turbocharged cars are different in that the turbine acts as a pressure barrier.

With a good header with the 'right' exhaust system, engine volumetric efficiency will be higher. The engine will pump more air. So if you add enough fuel for the correct mixture power and torque figures will rise accordingly.
Speedline Wrote:
oldeskewltoy Wrote:What is the diameter of the piping on the 4/2/1???

manifold piping diameter

"Street" manifold is 38->44.5->50.8 in diameter

R1 is 41.5->50.8->63.5 in diameter

The pipes are mandrel bent with no steps. If there are any
deformations visible in photos it's most likely bad lighting of the
exposure, the photo studio isn't very professional.

Whate are the original header diameters,
Cause I've a 4agze, 2,25" catback and ori. header, witch is not perfect,

But I want to make sure that I will gain proffit from the header.

on 0,6 bar pressure Ive got 141,2 HP and now running on 0,9bar pressure with the supercharger. no torque or power meassured yet..

what header will be best?

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"
07-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Gtsi-R Wrote:What are the original header diameters, cause I've a 4agze, 2,25" catback and ori. header, witch is not perfect.

But I want to make sure that I will gain proffit from the header.

On 0,6 bar pressure Ive got 141,2 HP and now running on 0,9bar pressure with the supercharger. no torque or power meassured yet..

What header will be best?

I can not answer your question as I have no details about your setup. 140hp/ (assumption) 190Nm on a semi-low compression is a low power/ torque figure for a supercharged 1,6 liter engine.

You need to do some temperature/ pressure measurements on your intercooler in- and outlet (does your car even have one?) and calculate efficiency. And do some backpressure measurements on your exhaust.

No intercooler? => Fit intercooler.

Low efficiency intercooler system? => improve system with higher capacity (more BTU's)

Backpressure low? => Probably low power and torque due to bad combination of cam phasing, valve lift and timing, lack of squish due to different piston, inefficient Roots blower which consumes lots of engine power.

Backpressure high? => Switch to a different design muffler or delete mufflers. 2,25" shoud support your power levels with no problems.

Want more power? => kick the Roots blower in the trash can, fit an exhaust driven turbo-supercharger. Or add a turbo and a bypass for the Roots blower. Look at Lancia Delta S4/ Volumex or other oem solutions for inspiration. Regear supercharger for high boost at low engine revs and use magnetic coupling to switch it off at high engine revs.

Based on my experience if you use something like Garrett GT series turbocharger with right size turbine, good manifold design plus downstream exhaust plus efficient intercooler combined with good piston/ head combo expect power figures to easily rise to 200hp or more depending on boost level.

Or replace supercharger with centrifugal type. Boost delivery at higher revs + higher efficiency = more power. You will not cure the engine design 'problems' with a different manifold or exhaust.

I can only encourage you to identify the problem area's with your engine/ drivetrain that keep the power/ torque output low. Be scientific and methodical. Or just copy oem/ tuner solutions.
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
sorry, forgot to mention, those are wheel HP's, so it is not that bad at all..
[edit, yes oldskull, it was late for me yesterday]

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"