Martelius exhausts for sale
08-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

Available exhaust systems for AE86:

"street" exhaust manifold 4-2-1
(stock engines up to 180 bhp)

R1 series competition manifold.
Best torque curve and top end power for racing use, not recommended for street cars due to pulse issue around 3000rpm.

street exhaust system 2"
Designed for European spec cars but can be adapted to Japanese imports as well.

stainless racing exhaust system 2,5"
Over axle version for gravel rally.

stainless racing exhaust system 2,5"
[u:6f00db8956]Under[/u:6f00db8956] axle version for drifting and track with a Jap-style rear silencer.

3" stainless racing exhaust system
[u:6f00db8956]Under[/u:6f00db8956] axle version for turbocharged cars, with Jap-style rear silencer

For ordering give me a call or drop me a line:

Gerrit 'speedline' de Man
De Man Automotive
ROTTERDAM - The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 (0) 620 158 004
E-mail: [email protected] - [email protected]
Find all posts by this user
08-24-2009, 08:18 AM
pics of both headers? What are the difference between the R1 and street headers?

Wow, I could have sworn I had an account here... I guess I'm the new guy Sad
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
We are main UK & Ireland dealers of the full range of Martelius products and to be honest, we can't say enough good stuff about them! They are just fantastic to deal with, have fantastic products at great prices and are very dependable!

They even make a "MCNSPORT Special" AE86 Under axle exhaust system which we have developed with them.

Really cool guys!

/Peden
MCNSPORT.com

MCNSPORT.com
Jap, European, Drift, Drag, Circuit, Road, Race, Rally
Tel: +353 (0)2223334
Mob: +353 (0)866063716 (Darren) / +353 (0)876616567 (Peden)
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.mcnsport.com - NEW WEBSITE COMING: Feb, 2009!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I agree with /Peden. Parts suppliers this dependable are few and far between. Orders for BeNeLux area and Germany, Scandinavia/ Baltic and the rest of mainland Europe are welcome.

Give me a call or drop me a line:

Gerrit 'speedline' de Man
De Man Automotive
ROTTERDAM - The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 (0) 620 158 004
E-mail: [email protected] - [email protected]

To quote Marko, the son of the owner:

Both the manifolds fit the 20-valve blacktop head aswell, without redrilling the holes. The street manifold is a traditional 4-2-1 designed for good midrange torque that is the most usable for street cars. It's not picky about cams or intake and will work very well on a completely standard car as well.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Martelius exhausts for sale]

The R1 is a rather unorthodox design that Martelius have been working on for a long time. The collector order of the primaries is not the conventional of a 4-2-1 manifold. This design gives very powerful pulses that boost the whole breathing of the engine from the intake side through to the exhaust side. The only issue is a mixed pulse area at around 3000 rpm. >From there it pulls better than any 4-2-1 design and gives more power than any 4-1 design. This has been very popular amongst the rallyists and drifters who run individual throttle bodies and aggressive cams.

Coating is now pearl grey instead of silver.

PRICING

street manifold - € 325,-

R1 manifold - € 440,-

Price includes 19% VAT.
Price do not include destination charge (shipping). Please contact me for a quote.
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Speedline Wrote:Both the manifolds fit the 20-valve blacktop head aswell, without redrilling the holes.

How it is possible? I see just 1 hole on both sides in photos. Or is it possible to order ae86 manifold with drilled holes for blacktop?

Is there information how loud is competition exhaust system?
09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
How about performance of the headers in combination with a supercharged engine?

Regards,

Roel

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Gtsi-R

same question for me!

maybe i will mount a eaton m62 Thumbs up!

I'm so JDM I put everything sideways.
AE86 owner
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
gt99 Wrote:
Speedline Wrote:Both the manifolds fit the 20-valve blacktop head aswell, without redrilling the holes.

How it is possible? I see just 1 hole on both sides in photos. Or is it possible to order ae86 manifold with drilled holes for blacktop?

Is there information how loud is competition exhaust system?

No redrilling. No separate order for blacktop. Marko (Martelius) informed me both manifolds fit 20v blacktop head. Probably the holes allow for exhaust-manifold to port alignment. (Tuners like to experiment with alignment for torque curve manipulation.)

I will ask Marko for further details about the manifolds and loudness of competition system.

But loudness of the exhaust system is largely dependant on engine power output (volume of gasses) and gas speed through the exhaust exit. (Turbine of turbocharger acts as sound-damper so turbo cars are usually more quiet.)

So any data collected on one engine does not give you good data on a different spec engine.
09-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Gtsi-R Wrote:How about performance of the headers in combination with a supercharged engine?

Regards,

Roel

Headers in combination with the right exhaust system will give a good increase in performance for any supercharged engine. Especially those with a mechanical driven supercharger. Turbocharged cars are different in that the turbine acts as a pressure barrier.

However turbochargers do benefit from a good manifold design with individual runners with the right length. Manifold volume plays a part too. After the turbine you do not want to build backpressure of any kind as this hurts turbo spool up time and restricts power output.

Example from my own experience: Dodge Ram SRT/10 with paxton supercharger produced 580rwHP and 750Nm of rwTQ. After fitment of B&B headers and 3" exhaust output rose to 640rwHP and 880rwTQ. With the high boost pulley this puppy probably produces over 1000Nm of rwTQ! (Imagine a 2300kg pick up truck out accelerating more expensive and 'faster' machines... 450Nm from idle rpm... need I say more...)

With a good header with the 'right' exhaust system, engine volumetric efficiency will be higher. The engine will pump more air. So if you add enough fuel for the correct mixture power and torque figures will rise accordingly.
09-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Speedline Wrote:
gt99 Wrote:

No redrilling. No separate order for blacktop. Marko (Martelius) informed me both manifolds fit 20v blacktop head.

I think You misunderstood me. I am talking about manifold bolt holes. 16v and 20v manifolds have different positions for manifold bolt holes at both sides (all three center holes are the same).

For example here is Silkroad manifold for 16v AND 20v engines. As You see there are 2 holes for bolts at this side (and oval hole for diferent bolt position at other).

I am thinking about buying R1 manifold this winter for ae86 with blacktop, but I really would not like to modify the manifold flange.