Lipinhu's...
05-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Lipinhu's...
NoHachi Wrote:
Mux213 Wrote:Whow! looking good!!!!

Big Grin

I just cannot get over this remark of yours with the picture of the big butt right above it...roflol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are other pictures there man, geeeeeez.. Banging head

The bushes transfer more onto the body but not crazily more I would say...
It will indeed be interesting to see how much faster bushes wear on bad surfaces compared to the relative good roads here in Holland. So far over 2 years since I replaced mine and they are still looking and feeling good Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Lipinhu's...
Hi

Saturday again. I finished the bushings thing.

1st i´ll show the rear end done.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Lipinhu's...]

Now, to the front.
I didnt found anything tricky this time. One thing that i was frighten was the ball joints in the front arms when removing, but a friend barrowed me a "puller" (dono the english word), the other thing was how to remove the old (new) bushing keeping the outer metal on place.

Start assembling.

Now, the show of the day. If you like the picture efect, you should hate it after smell it. This is a great way I found to remove the bushing and keep the outer metal piece, but first, drill the ruber to make it weak, then do the rest with a heating gun, let it burn. I recomend, if you choose this process, to do it outdoors due to its smell. Choose a thin driller, as they brake all the time when you´re weakening the rubber.

Grease the bushings and all should end up in a very nice fit.

Well, was mostly about it. No surprises this time. I did the job easy, no rush, took a total of about 4 hours.

Theres always something goin on in that garage, and while one works and tries to fix his car, others mess arround and do this. Cool Thumbs up!

Suckers Evil Thanx Thumbs up!

My Prothane´s full review.
The prothanes are very easy to fit on, its 100% bolt on. If you are a bit confident about your skills with tools, they may challenge you a bit during the all process (note that i said all process, taking parts out its part of it too) but its enough manageble to do it at home. They seem very reliable, as they "touch" is soft and a bit flexible.
When driving arround they will surpise you. I´m surprised, i dindt have driven lots of km´s, but on fast corners and stuff, its pretty notisable theyre job. The overall car becomes a bit bumpy, but nothing major, but this is probably because of my old bushings were worn and portuguese roads dont help at all.
The noises coming in to the car, are mostly from the rear, as i dind notice bigger noises comming from the front.
For those who often read this forum, you should allready know that i´ve been close to buy trd bushings, as they dindt made its way to Portugal and i bought these ones. They are 1/3 of the price, rubber vs polyurethane. From the Brand point of view, i would be happier with TRD ones, but its predictable, what´s expensive, should be better. I assume, at first i hesitate in buy this Prothanes, but for now i cant deny them. Only time can judge the rest, and if they last 2 our 3 years, i can consider myself happy with them.
If you´re on a lower budget, the Prothanes are 75% right, the other 25% goes on with the time factor mentioned above, if they last, than they´re 100%, no matter the budget.

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
05-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Lipinhu's...
I can see my Evo on the 1st pic Cool
05-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Lipinhu's...
Lipinhu,

Glad you like them so farSmile I'm very interested in seeing how well they last on rough Portugees roads. 2 years of gently dutch roads have hardly hurt themSmile

Thanks for the writeup!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Lipinhu's...
Mux213 Wrote:I'm very interested in seeing how well they last on rough Portugees roads

Tongue So true! Portuguese roads suck!

Photos of the new radio console?? I'm already missing it Smile

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Lipinhu's...
Nothing major.
Just showin new pics. Tomorrow will be the Portuguese AE86 meet, so i went clean up the car, changed wipers and stuff.

After taking this pics, i realized that i have no "low" lights. Gotta look what is the problem... Undecided

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira