Limp mode
10-07-2021, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2021 09:38 PM by Eddy Lau.)
Limp mode
Hi , am new to the ae86, and my Trueno ran perfectly until recently.
It got itself into limp mode I think. I can’t rev over 3000rpm and the check engine light come on as if I hit the limited. If I let off the throttle, the revs dropped and check engine light goes off too. It ran smoothly and sweet below 3000rpm everything is as it should no problem in starting.
I did a diagnostic test and the codes 3 , 5 and 9 came up.
3 is the Ignition signal to ecu
5 is the oxygen sensor
9 is the vehicle speed signal to ecu which does not trigger a CEL
My question is does the fault code 3 or/and 5 trigger the limp mode or there might be other reason?
A new oxygen sensor is on order but not sure what parts to replace regarding the ignition signal to ecu.
Any help is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Limp mode
I'd say the ignition signal issue is the most urgent one. That comes from the distributor if I'm not mistaken.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Limp mode
(10-07-2021 10:06 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  I'd say the ignition signal issue is the most urgent one. That comes from the distributor if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks Ivan for the tip so which part I need to replace? Is it the ignition module?
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  engine wont go into diagnostic mode with T&E1 bridged Bean 8 9,236 05-30-2010 08:31 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla