Levin - to Trueno
11-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Levin - to Trueno
Im looking for a ae86 here at home in Denmark I would hear about the opportunity to create an original ae86 Levin on a Trueno model with folding lamps instead, as it unfortunately is very difficult to find some Trueno here at home ..

And what can we use for such a swap ...

Thanks in advance

Chris.
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Levin - to Trueno
On the first half of January - i will have all the parts needed. I bought Coupe Trueno in Japan, and will be converting it to LEVIN front end - cuz i dont like how coupe looks with the Trueno front... So i will be looking either for swap for a levin front end - or selling it.

Ex-owner of JDM 83' Trueno Coupe
DCw Classic, classic cars restoration,
JDM wheels & parts import, sales.

http://www.facebook.com/DogCustomWorks
+37067170000
11-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Levin - to Trueno
doggy Wrote:On the first half of January - i will have all the parts needed. I bought Coupe Trueno in Japan, and will be converting it to LEVIN front end - cuz i dont like how coupe looks with the Trueno front... So i will be looking either for swap for a levin front end - or selling it.

okay so it can be don easily, what about the light mounts, is that the same as on a levin.,...

What do i need to the swap.?!?
hood,fenders,front bumper and lights?
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Levin - to Trueno
only one thing. in japan they are RHD and in denmark we are LHD then you ligths dosent work to the right side
11-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Levin - to Trueno
Everything mounts straight forward, only thing you need - lights pop-up relay for the motors.

Also - if the front is from a UK / JP car - you would need to atleast source LHD cut off lights - which have to be atleast from US model - cuz they have Straight cut lights....

+37067170000
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Levin - to Trueno
doggy Wrote:Everything mounts straight forward, only thing you need - lights pop-up relay for the motors.

Also - if the front is from a UK / JP car - you would need to atleast source LHD cut off lights - which have to be atleast from US model - cuz they have Straight cut lights....

or ebay or the liteace which has the same headlights as the trueno

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Levin - to Trueno
Okay thx a lot... very usefull info, and yes the light problem did i know but for all the other things oz was very happy that i have get answhers for all my questions
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Levin - to Trueno
you mean that we can't use Raybrigs on a LHD Trueno? Dumb question

AE86 FANATIC!!!
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Levin - to Trueno
alimonos Wrote:you mean that we can't use Raybrigs on a LHD Trueno? Dumb question

I saw few of them for sale on USA Ebay, and there was stated that they are LEGAL in 50 states, so MIGHT be that theres a version of them for LHD...

+37067170000
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Levin - to Trueno
doggy Wrote:
alimonos Wrote:you mean that we can't use Raybrigs on a LHD Trueno? Dumb question

I saw few of them for sale on USA Ebay, and there was stated that they are LEGAL in 50 states, so MIGHT be that theres a version of them for LHD...

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure raybrig does not make a special version for the US. At the same time most people don't seem to care too much and just try to aim the lights down as much as they can to keep from blinding oncoming cars. I looked through their website and didn't see a whole lot of information. The only way to tell for sure is to park a car with raybrigs on to see what the scatter looks like.

-Brandon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Levin or trueno identification from vin number ? Dochka 3 11,435 04-23-2014 07:34 PM
Last Post: Damn86
  Trueno / Levin fonts eight-six 1 9,258 12-19-2009 07:32 PM
Last Post: S.K.