Just repairing...
09-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Just repairing...
You sure it's not the clutch or diff? Driveshafts almost never go bad.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Just repairing...
Ok here is the problem what i have now. The car just died after i drove on my back home from work. There was about 10L of fuel in car i drove around 30km. The car was acting really weird actually was shaking by accelerating and when i pressed on gas hard it just started to dying. I replaced fuel filter in gas trunk but not the one by engine. I dont know if it is fuel problem i think its more like electrical problem. So i replaced ECU, spark plugs, wires, distributor, coil all 100% working from my old hachi.
But no effect now it is not trying to start i am going to try some things again from refueling it if it has not enormous fuel consumption but 10L on 30km is insane.
It seems its after all a problem too. I am just wondering but this shaking by accelerating has stqueno too and his coupe has stayed for about 1.5 year unused just like this one.
I forgot to mention that the fuel that i replaced in trun was full of dirt.
If any of you guys have some idea what's the problem just write it and i will right away go to check it if it helps to bring the car alive.

- Going to order Wix oil filter and Wix fuel filter monday seems that they are to good filters so i try it. Acording to the rech reference at:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html#avoid

It seems Fram was one good and now it is a pice of crap. But that dont change that it fit good. But the inner construction seems a little poor.

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Just repairing...
Ryo:
I think I have a similar problem in my Peugeot 205 1.1 (198Cool,Carburateur engine (no ECU). only 50hp

At a low rpm if I step the accelerator too hard, the engine begin to die and some times he stop.

on the road I full step the accelerator and he start speeding up very very very very slow... some rpm up and it seem's like a supercharged engine!!! (but in fact have only 50hp).

Is this your problem? I'm searching for a solution too...

Daily Driving - My Bicycle
Rare Driving - My 88 pug205 GR 1.1 (50Hp)

http://www.fblog.noite.pt/luis_lemos
09-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Just repairing...
Someone told me that the problem is maybe bad fuel regulator. As i am looking on manual there can be a plenty of other things that can cause the problem. I also check the opening circuit relay the problem is maybe there.

09-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Just repairing...
Checked Spark plugs they are really black dark. That's not good. Maybe the ignition timing is bad? But i still cant get what is causing that the engine dont wanna start at all after i cleaned the spark plugs

09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Just repairing...
A bad fuel pressure regulator might be possible, black spark plugs are usually caused by too rich mixtures. Try pulling a sparkplug out after a failed starting attempt and see how wet it is. I would probably take my time and adjust things on the engine one by one, eliminating every possibility until you find it. Start by pulling out the distributor and installing it properly, then adjust it...then try to get it started. Check your vacuum system and check to see if all sensors are wired correctly.
It might be interesting to check for error codes from the ECU, you can just read them from the dash check engine light when the diagnosis connector is bridged (you need to bridge it to adjust the timing anyway).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Just repairing...
Thanks for the hint Ivan i try and see what will happend.

09-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Just repairing...
My problem is already resolved.
I had the carburetor badly tight, what caused a small vacuum escape.

Check the spark plug electrode gap!

Check if all spark plug are working fine!

Check if the engine is recieving gasoline!

If the problem presists.... take it to the doctor Sad

Daily Driving - My Bicycle
Rare Driving - My 88 pug205 GR 1.1 (50Hp)

http://www.fblog.noite.pt/luis_lemos
09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Just repairing...
BTW, if you have both fuel and spark but the engine wont start, then take out the EFI fuse and run the starter engine for a bit while giving full throttle....it's a quick way of blowing the sparkplugs dry.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Just repairing...
Ryo, check the cold start injector - possibly it sticks opened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just got my first AE86 JDMjonSR5 6 12,079 09-13-2012 09:13 PM
Last Post: Rascal21
  Just a car! ;-) momo-gt 39 29,920 03-23-2008 09:55 PM
Last Post: momo-gt