Jons New [Old Project]
03-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
s.bjelke Wrote:EDIT: suposed to be in teh SNOW topic..... could somone move it?
Euh... Problem is that I only can split topics, not join them to another post... I know it's possible, but I have to look into that. Wink
Hopefully I have a bit time this afternoon to do so. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Jons New [Old Project]]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Jons New [Old Project]
Starting to collect parts, first bit i managed to get is a front cut so i can sort out the chassis leg and cross member etc.

I'm also looking into an aluminium radiator and maybe a oversized oil cooler ready for the engine upgrades i have planned. Anyone know of suitable substitute parts from other cars ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Jons New [Old Project]
What it looks like now Sad Crying

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Jons New [Old Project]
Jon, that looks like a pretty weird twist in there mate, is left lower then right? or is that just the camera?

It does look very repairable though, especially using the bits and pieces of that front cut you found.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Jons New [Old Project]
I think the camera angle is causing a bit of an illusion, it is also parked across a bit of a hill, but the top rail has gone back and up a bit.

03-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
Hey Jon i see that you have the same problem i had only yours is in the left side... Crying
How much did you pay for that cut man?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
03-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
Jon,

Well what are you waiting for then? Take all the bits and peaces off that are in the way, radiators, lines, wings, etc.

Cut the really bent bits off, get someone to straighten anything still bent, weld part of the front cut in that you are now missing, and you'll be ready to put her back together again.

Shouldn't be to much work if you have or know somebody with the welding skills needed.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
The front cut came off ebay, i had to pay a bit over the odds i think to get it, cost £100, but at least its square and ready to go. I have a mate collecting a van from near where it was for sale so i could get it picked up ok, but the auction would have ended after that.

If anyone needs another i do know where there is a lightly rolled shell that may be available [was my second choice for this]

The welding etc is sort of booked, but when people are doing it as an extra afterwork job it can take a while to complete.

03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
Jon, very true, but I find it works to my personal well being to do every bit of preparation work I can do before hand. Now it feels like you are still at square one, but when the car gets to the point where you can do nothing more until the welding is done you atleast get the feeling of progressing.

Also it sucks when a welder finally has time and you haven't done the preperation bits yet. I had this many times with Martijn. We needed to do a couple of things I could have prepared before hand before we could get started on the serious stuff.

But thats my humble oppinion, I like to have as much things done so I dont have to worry about still having to do them Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Jons New [Old Project]
only 150euros for that fron cut?
Some very low prices still in the rest Europe...
In Greece they 've asked me 500euros for a much worse condition front cut Angry

AE86 FANATIC!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Fashioned Apolan 233 177,756 11-02-2010 07:02 PM
Last Post: nmwisima
  danish renovation, from rusty old banger, to nice drift car katapouser 16 15,650 12-23-2008 10:41 PM
Last Post: katapouser
  Cp joels old school drifter (56k warning) cp joel 77 58,465 09-17-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: James