JDM Coupe
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
JDM Coupe
yeah but i bet it wasnt a turbo Tongue
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
JDM Coupe
nmwisima Wrote:Why is your rear wing a bit different in color than the rest of the car?

Between, I love what you ve done to the rear arches!

Apolan, you see mx5's are faster than the ae86's Big Grin

the rear section still need to be cut and buffed.... im lazy hahha...

i never really saw, why the mx5 was faster then i was, cause he was just after me.... but i believe he had alittle bit of extra power as, on the first split time which includes the launch and a down hill section he was a good second faster then me most of the time...

will be doing osme changes to the car to try and beat that guy next time....n

so the car is going on weight reduction.... will be stripping all sound deadener and interior out, putting a bolt in full cage and getting a fiberglass boot lid and bonnet... i might even go the gym Tongue

but we will see how that goes, i dont wanna take it of the road to do the s13 coilvoer conversion cause its so much fun to drive....
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
JDM Coupe
quick update:

well ive been going to afew other hill climbs and such over the past few months with various levels of success... however last hill climb i went to after the second run i reached the limit of the cars power... so its new engine time, 4ags just dont cut it in my eyes anymore unless u spend 10gs on them...

anyways i put a deposit on an S15 SR20DE and it should land from japan in 2months time max...these engines make around 130kw as the flywheel and can easily make more from afew small mods..

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JDM Coupe]
04-09-2007, 01:02 AM
JDM Coupe
Banging head ,,,,,

spend around 3k on a 4age and you got a nice 180-200 hp. Or buy a gze ?? lots of torgue there ???

changing the engine to a nissan its just not hachi anymore.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-10-2007, 12:50 AM
JDM Coupe
hahaha i was waiting for someone to say that...

i think you will need to spend more then 3K(are you talking euros) to make 180-200hp

id luv to put a weapon NA 4ag in but to be honest i cant afford it... and you have to look at my situation... this car is a superspirnt and hill climb car, where you get put into classes based on HP and other modifcations done to the car...

a turboed 4ag would give me the power i want but then i would get put up in the 2L to 3L as the turbo times the output by 1.7

so its 1.6L x 1.7 = 2.72L

therefore ill be upagainst 13b roatries and turbod mx5 and cars that have alot better suspension geometry then a sprinter will ever have....

so i want a 2L NA engine..... i looked at a 7age, but that will cost me 10g AUS to build as i have a friend who build race 7age and thats what they cost... i cant afford that and i would have to do further modifcations to the drivtrain to get rid of the t50, then i would need to find better ratios for the gearbox and my final drive....

i also looked at a BEAMS 3sge but they cost 4g AUS to bring into australia and i would have to do some seriouse modifcations to the firewall and cross member to get it to fit and i dont really want to do that to the coupe... this is the same case as a F20c which is even mroe expensive with halfcuts coming in at around 6g AUS to bring in.....

So to me a non turbo sr20de is perfect for me, it will cost me around 1.5g aussie to bring into australia... it will cost me 1g to get custom engine and transmission mounts and a one pieace tailshaft.... then ill wire it up with a Haltech and it will be makeing around 170hp at the fly, for around 4g AUS...

ill then send the head away to get ported and polished and put a set of tomei or toda cams, upgrade the head to match the cams, with a good set of extractors, large throttle body, bigger injectors, lightweight flywheel, an for around another 3g aussie i will get around 250hp.. mayb even more

so for around 7g aussie( which i take would be around 3g euros), i will get around 250hp with a shit load more torque then a 4age, better gearbox ratios, a lighter car, as the sr20 and gearbox is lighter then a 4age with a w series....

now can you understand my reason for doing and the reason that a sr20 is a good engine option...
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
JDM Coupe
3500 euros to build a 7AGE? Huh
How much are you going to pay for the 7A block then? From what I understood it is a relatively low budget solution. However you can't rev the engine higher than 6.5k which makes it less desireable.

However I can understand why you want the sr20 looking at all the plusses from the weight reduction. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
JDM Coupe
I think he means a 7A-GE that actually makes serious power...those HAVE to rev making the whole thing a lot more expensive.

Robokill: A 4A-GE with 90% of the parts changed is not a 4A-GE anymore...imho its not a hachi with that engine either. You see this argument a lot..difference between hard engineering reality and romanticism. In the end the result you aim to achieve counts, I'm sure this car will be quick as hell.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
JDM Coupe
yep no hachi hit it on the spot...

i use to care about the whole purism thing... gotta keep it Toyota... but u go out on a race track, and a mini flys past u....and a 4age doesn't cut it anymore (unless u spend big money on it) ill that counts in my eyes now is creating the best package using what ever parts necessary....

here are some pictures of weapon na sr20s

320hp sr20

290hp sr20

N2 spec racing sr20 with 320 degree 15mm lift cams

Also some pics from the last hill climb that i did

04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
JDM Coupe
but a 4agze will give you all you need doesn't it ? or will it make you fall in a difrent calss as well ?

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-10-2007, 10:37 AM
JDM Coupe
yeah its faced with the same 1.7 multiplier as a turbo.. its unfortunate... because a supercharge would haul ass up a hill... but lacks top end for circuit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: JDM zenki trueno bumper (with JDM bumper lights) gh0st 0 1,753 10-07-2021 04:08 PM
Last Post: gh0st