JDM Coupe
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
JDM Coupe
abit of a update....

me and a good mate of mine (mostly him) have been designing up s13 coilvovers that will work in an 86... here is a pic..

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image...sio1zn.jpg

these have mutable height adjustment to run either 14,15 or 16 inch rims... and have been strengthened at the the bottom to handle the extra force of running 390 to 500ib springs...

Mine have specifically been designed, to run with 16inch wheels that are between 8 - 9 inchs wide running around 30-40+ offset and have been shorterned so the car will be around 65-70mm lower then standard, HINT HINT on what is to come, let see who guess hahhaa

ill be running a KYB AGX shock, 392ib spring, Cusco ae86 camber tops, going to make up custom top hats like t3s but actually work and will be using my thrust bearing spacer..... should be a very capable steerer in my opinion

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
JDM Coupe
I took the liberty to attach the pic to the post. Wink
But he designed them himself? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JDM Coupe]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2007, 06:11 PM
JDM Coupe
sharp project.... sharp coupe.

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
JDM Coupe
banpei Wrote:I took the liberty to attach the pic to the post. Wink
But he designed them himself? Dumb question

It seems that he use different strut construction (2-piece) or S13 front hubs conversion.
02-01-2007, 10:08 PM
JDM Coupe
Yeah these are Jap Spec s13 legs, im going to be using an s13 hub with r32 gts-t brakes...

By design (mostly my friend) i mean, test multi able cut down of the strut, in different car with different variables, with different strut offsets to the hub and alot of things.... but the coilover is easy part of the s13 to ae86 coilvoer conversion. the other problems are getting th angle of the castor rods right, and what castor rod to use, strengthening the mounts to the cross member and so on and so... that will be coming soon Tongue

The legs have been cut down to allow perfect shock travel and to match the spring that i will be using... then a KONI coilvoer kit was welded on. Then they where painted and we added the AGX sticker to show what shock i used Tongue

cheers
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
JDM Coupe
Well the past week has been a bad week for hachis for me... last monday i munched an axle, then had it fixed on wednesday, for the battery to shit itself and when that happened it popped every fuse in the car..

this all happened 2 weeks before Hillclimb i was getting ready for... big pain in the ass...

well the governing body has all these rules in aussie that u need to have done to be able to compete in motorsport here, like a have a CAMS license and to get a CAMS icense u need to be a member of a cams approved club...

there is also lots of requirements that u need to do to ur car.. like fit a fire extinguisher, secondary form of bonnet latchs, tow hooks, battery triangles and all other similar things.... so i have been doing that over the past few weeks...

also changed all the oils and installed my t3 short shifter an my mate made me up a fancy top hat for my coilvors which work likes a T3 upper hat thingy but this one doesn't load up when ur going around corners and experiences gs..

pics for the fans:
[img name=]http://www.aeu86.org/files/be/bearing_tops_new_design_cnc_top_1_567.jpg[/img]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
JDM Coupe
Aluminium+steel inserts ? If yes - why not all-aluminium ? Just curious :wink:
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
JDM Coupe
they both are alluminum... the red section is just a koni coilover kit top hat, which has been bored out with a high quility thrust bearing, then the top bit (un andoised alloy) inserts into the bearing...

see how they go this weekend at the hillclimb, there is a nice high speed downhill cornor which loads up the left front wheel alot, will see if the steering locks up with the semis on... hopefully it doest
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
JDM Coupe
well i took the shitbox to a hill climb 2 weekends ago and it was great fun... started of very slow doing a 57 second pass (incar is first run) then i got down to a 53.3 and came second in my class to a mx5 which did a 52.6...
was a new experience driving on semi slicks and not hacing a chance to let them warm up but u get that...

pics for the fans

some incar footage of me and a mate in a gze 86... im the second car with the big ass mirror and the monkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBu6L33OXMY

hope u enjoy
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
JDM Coupe
Why is your rear wing a bit different in color than the rest of the car?

Between, I love what you ve done to the rear arches!

Apolan, you see mx5's are faster than the ae86's Big Grin

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JDM Coupe] http://www.jdmbits.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: JDM zenki trueno bumper (with JDM bumper lights) gh0st 0 1,788 10-07-2021 04:08 PM
Last Post: gh0st