JAE: 9-11th September. Wicksteed Park (midlands UK)
08-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I thought I'd post this in here rather than the regional sections just in case there are any other coming over from Europe. I know it's not far away, but if anyone was planning on coming and doesn't have a good stand to go on, I can help you out!

JAE is the biggest Jap car show of the year. I've been going since 2001.

It's near Kettering, Northamptonshire think half an hour on the A14 from M1/M6 it's 'midlands' UK. Reckon about 2.5 hours from Dover.

I run an MR2 club (IMOC-UK but obviously have an AE86) and we have a big stand every year. We will have a marquee, power, Xbox/PS3, Scalextric etc, so it's well turned out. We won best stand last year, so we know how to put on a show.

I've had a word with some of the IMOC committee and other directors and I reckon we can find a bit of room for some AE86s on our stand. If it helps we also have a hog roast on the Saturday night and a BBQ going throughout.

There will likely be a small charge for the hog roast unless you guys are paid up IMOC members (which is unlikely), but it won't be much and there is always loads to go round.

Basically most people camp. We normally do so behind our stand.

I just about always go down on the Thursday for the setup and to sort all the crap out. The show starts on the Friday.

Really it's party on. It's a great social and obviously there are Jap cars everywhere, so a fair bit to look at. I only saw a couple of AE86s last year, so I think we need to improve on that.

Cost is £30 for the long weekend.

Wicksteed Park has pretty good facilities, food, showers etc. No bottles allowed though unless it's spirits which means I'm sorted! Wink

I don't expect everyone to come but I'd love it if a few of you guys could provide some appropriate company for my AE86.

A few pics from last year:

A few of the Irish lads made a trip over:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JAE: 9-11th September. Wick...dlands UK)]

After winning best stand:

Someone feeding the IMOC stand guard dog (my dog, Indy) beer:

Marquee:

They are a great bunch of people and that's what makes it IMO.

There are also a load of tuners and stuff there. Adrian (Fensport) is a long termer at JAE as an example and he's always good for a chat.

If you are interested please let me know and I'll make sure you are well looked after. It'd also be great to talk AE86's. Smile

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
JAE is nice been there myself 3 times when I was back in Switzerland. A bit far away now so to everyone else go there and enjoy - with a bit of luck even the weather will be nice.

AE86 ex-daily
09-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, I will only be around till tomorrow morning as I have to set off for setup.

If anyone is coming, please get in touch with me and I can help you out with using our stand space. If you're already on a stand there let me know and we'll catch up over the weekend. Thumbs up!

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I was there in my trueno,any pic's?thanx.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Run through of Miller Motorsports Park Touge86 1 2,904 04-13-2009 07:51 AM
Last Post: Touge86
  4th year Anniversary Meet, Greet & Eat 11th of October Mux213 157 129,242 10-21-2008 04:34 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Plot at the JAE (UK show) Squeejy 18 13,787 06-23-2006 06:13 PM
Last Post: Blueneon
  3 september 2005 -> official aeu86 barbeque Mux213 1 3,160 07-10-2005 04:55 PM
Last Post: Mux213