Ive got some good news, and some bad news.
02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
First, i sold the AE86.
Well, not much to say about it. I had a couple of reasons, the main cause was that i ran cold in the project. It was a coulpe of great years driving it, but now its gone.
That was the bad news.. Crying

The good news is that i also have sold the Carina and bought myself a Sportsvan 2.2TD anno 2001. Wave

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
Find all posts by this user
02-28-2007, 10:50 PM
whats the good news?
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Crying

A sportsvan??? Think it's called a Avensis Verso here... And you call that the good news? Angry

Seriously: I hate too see another hachi owner letting their hachi go, but ofcourse you have your reasons for it and I think most of us have been in the position doubting to keep the hachi or sell it off... Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ive got some good news, and some bad news.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
leaving the AE86 is like leaving behind hard assed drugs! It ain't easy... sure a few have done it... but if the AE86 was truly a part of you... then it remains inside... it may not be now... it may not be a week, or a month from now... but mark my words... you WILL be interested again... and understand that it is a habit that requires its "fix".

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
One of the reasons i sold it, was because of the expensive maintence, the lack of used parts and because of the expensivity of keeping it rolling.
I have just used a fortune on restauration, and still it needed to get the engine and tranny fixed.
Another reason is that we needed a bigger car, and the Sportsvan is about twice the price of the carina in insurance and taxes. I simply couldnt afford to pay insurance and taxes on the Corolla..

Fortunatly i sold it to a buddy of mine, so i will still see it once and awhile. Confused Hes a mechanic and has promised to take good care of it.

banpei
Its not the Avensis Verso, its the older Sportsvan - with rearseats its called Picnic. And YES, its very good news! It drives 10 times better than the Carina, it got EVERYTHING in electrics and a big boot where we can keep the dog :wink:

02-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Who hit you over the head?

Or better said, go to Kim, and have him hit you over the head and knock some sense into you!! Big Grin

Shame to hear you let her go, especially after all that work, but I understand where you're coming from... Hope you don't end up regretting.. to much... Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Its this model ive bought, im getting 18" rims installed and its getting lowered 50mm Tongue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Not bad Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Mux213
Kim understands my reasons, so no need for him to beat me up. The only thing i regret about selling it, is that i didnt get to drive it while it was finished. All the hours i put into it doesnt matter, i learned alot working on the car. Thats worth alot too :wink:

02-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Mux213
Thats not THE one i bought, mine is silver.. But i think it will look nice with the new rims on it Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just got one! finally! electric mic 23 21,452 11-15-2013 09:34 PM
Last Post: YoShImUrA
  My Wife Got her First Car! Touge86 7 7,224 12-07-2009 02:05 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  wow, what a bad night for my hatchi..... Number13 11 9,478 03-19-2009 10:17 PM
Last Post: DJMartin07
  anyone got headlight mattfr33 2 3,556 09-27-2007 11:37 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  some mad lock angle he's got! adomz 36 29,714 02-20-2007 10:43 PM
Last Post: dr.occa