Ivan's coupe [spoiler: things get sticky]
06-20-2020, 10:52 PM
I'm still busy with this.. I can say it is a bigger pain in the ass to get right than most youtube instructional vids would have you believe.

First problem was bits of cf cloth not sticking down properly near corners.. probably 2 hours curing time was not the sweet spot for this epoxy
or I should have cleaned the plastic better. The only way to 'fix' this afterwards is to layer on enough epoxy to cover the bulged spots.
Then there is uneven distribution of epoxy... wherever it could run off it ended up very thin and in some places it pooled in a thick layer..
So now I am in for a shitload of sanding to get it presentable. It wont be perfect but I'm thinking a usable result is still achievable.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2020, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2020 09:13 AM by Mylesmck.)
(12-04-2011 01:30 AM)Ivan141 Wrote:  Inside was sprayed with rust converter to keep rust away untill I'm finished with welding.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe [spoiler: things get sticky]]

There you go.. another 10 hours of hard work.. Glad I'm not in the restoration business... I cant imagine having to do this much faster.

Nice work! Mines gone in the same place but opposite (rhd), opened up the front pocket to find rust that'd been played over. Floor panel, outrigger and inner sill repair panels fabricated... Now to make up a patch for the front pocket. Your build is informative and encouraging
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OST-066: I get all wavy (4AC content) oldeskewltoy 10 1,272 04-03-2020 04:29 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Coupe carbon boot spoiler MIGGZFSU 10 3,551 09-21-2017 10:06 PM
Last Post: MIGGZFSU
  time to get her back on the road.. worholm 4 2,475 01-21-2017 09:33 AM
Last Post: worholm