Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork
02-12-2005, 12:36 AM
mux213 Wrote:Argh, my hands still hurt from that experience!! Damn I wish I didn't have to leave at 3 or we would have tried a little longer. Still after banging on the axles for an hour or so my thumbs really got torn appart, wierd thing these slide hammers.....
hence you should use a towel or t-shirt, doesn't mess up your hands. That way you can get a lot more momentum and thus more force! Smile
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I just took 2 axles apart in my basement, my axle finally came out with some heat and a hammer, we took apart NoHachi's celica axle as well. That last one was much more difficult due to rusted drum brakes, but the wheel bearings in it are maybe 1/3rd-1/4th of the size of ae86 bearings.

My r+p actually look pretty good considering the noise they made, I havent taken out the diff yet, but so far it seems re-usable (how I can tell for sure I dont know). Maybe it's a bearing problem.

NoHachi's rear axle is going to be a bigger problem since the pinion is stuck and there is some spots of rust on a couple of teeth (I think it can be ground of without problems though). That diff is going to need new bearings all around, the axle will need to be equiped with leaf spring brackets instead of the current 4-link setup. Maybe some disc brakes might be possible to fit as well. Doesnt look like ae86 stuff is going to work but who knows.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Damnit, my patience with the 80's immobiliser system is spent!
The last time I drove the hachi last week it wouldnt start on me twice, both times I had to wait for the immobiliser to regather it's senses.
Today I thought I'd take her out again to keep it in shape, and it wouldnt start again. This time the immobiliser looked like it was working correctly, so I checked the starter cable and it's still in place. I'm going to rip out the damn immobiliser tomorrow if weather permits it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Ivan hehehehehehe, and for years you will ponder why you didn't do this earlier and saved yourself a heap of troubleSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Ahhh...I've found a J-O-B, time to get off my lazy ass and finally make enough money to do the fun stuff to my hachi! I just hope I get the hang of it soon otherwise I might be sweeping ile 4 again in 3 months time..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
04-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Ahhh...I've found a J-O-B, time to get off my lazy ass and finally make enough money to do the fun stuff to my hachi! I just hope I get the hang of it soon otherwise I might be sweeping ile 4 again in 3 months time..
Congrats dude! altough J-O-B's are not that fun Thumbs up!
04-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, the fun comes when you get to spend your pay....
I wont be making a lot, but about 4 times as much as I'm getting at the moment. A good chance to pay off some study debts, as well as investing in my car.
Finally I have the cash to get some bodywork done and if I save up a bit maybe a respray..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-28-2005, 08:57 AM
AArghghhhHH...times are bad..
Now that I drive my hachi daily and about 450km's a week it's starting to wear at an accelerated pace as well. I already have a noisy diff, now my exhaust is starting to leak more by the week as well. To top it all off my oil filler cap came off during a drive to the beach..I havent driven it far without it but you can imagine the mess it left under the bonnet Confused Banging head
I tried cleaning most of the oil off as it stinks like hell when the engine gets hot enough to burn some of it. Now I'm stuck with the side effects of water around my engine...it holds back when I give it full throttle, hope it gets better after removing the oil puddles around the sparkplugs...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Auch! Indeed a money pit. Undecided
Any idea when your financial injection will come available? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe: roof stuccowork]
06-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Damn Ivan, that sure is some bad luckSad

Awell dirt can be cleaned off soSmile

Now the exhaust thing is another problem.... The venders I've tried contacting so far do not seem eager to sell. Either nothing is in stock or I dont get a reply at all.....

Any ideas yet what you are going to do axle wise? I'm still unsure what I'll do, either fix my current axle or fixup my old axle thats under your car and swap againSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front end roof compatibility between 2dr and 3dr Dochka 11 11,972 01-12-2014 05:50 PM
Last Post: fax0815