It has been decided..kind of
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Well after much pondering, I have decided that I will probably be leaving the AE86 world for 6 months. I will be doing some work to make sure the car is structurely sound so it can pass its MOT in june and get myself a small car for the mean time (maybe a Civic) while I look for the ideal import and save money until then (expecting a big cheque for my 21st Wink) so if anyone here who hasnt got a hachi is interested in one, keep your eyes peeled.
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 09:40 PM
you gonne sell your hachi ????

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Shame you have to make that choice mate. I'm sure it will work out in the end, looking for a good condition import is a solid choice too especially when you can afford itSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-08-2005, 10:42 PM
robokill Wrote:you gonne sell your hachi ????

I may take that route, yes. If I do It will just be for a few months while I conjur up the money for an import. I'm still looking for guidance on this and am waiting to hear what the experts say in terms of the rust problem.

Then again I could be being too hasty

Maybe I should make this a poll haha
03-08-2005, 11:41 PM
What do you mean by "import"? what car are we looking at here?
03-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Apolan,

Some people are lucky they can import from Japan relatively cheaply and have the steeringwheel at the side they want it to beSmile

Owh I'm jalous!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-09-2005, 12:22 AM
mux213 Wrote:Apolan,

Some people are lucky they can import from Japan relatively cheaply and have the steeringwheel at the side they want it to beSmile

Owh I'm jalous!Smile
On the other hand: they can be jealous of us. If they are in need of parts they have to import it from outside the EU. For us it's a lot easier. Wink

Euh, well, as I understand: getting harder all the time. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - It has been decided..kind of]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2005, 12:50 AM
All this fuss only because there was some weird looking repair on the rear wheel well? Most of us have seen much worse, as far as I have seen your car is in pretty nice shape.
Unless it is really rotten you shouldnt scare away from bodywork that easily, you would be better off with a new car in that case.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-09-2005, 12:59 AM
I think you maybe missing the point, i'm just saying that looking for an import seems like an interesting idea since there is a chance it would cost me just as much as solving this problem. I'm not saying for certain this is what im going to do but its worth thinking about.
03-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Last time I had a bunch of holes welded it ended up costing me 500 euro's to have it done. If you can find a friendly welder that can easily be way cheaper. I had them weld holes in the wheel wells, beneath the rear seats (you might want to check over there to) and replace the entire corners in front of the rear wheels (sills-fenders).
Though I must say that if you buy a fully tricked out japanese hachi you will most likely save money since doing mods yourself is always costly.

So I'll agree that if youre interested in a modified rustfree car that import is an interesting option, but I definately dont believe some rust repairs will cost you so much. First try to find all the rust there is, if there is a lot more, then comes the time to panic about it...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried "ae86bushings.com"? AlexKTM 6 6,401 04-13-2016 08:55 PM
Last Post: McGlinchey
  Not been messed around at all totta Crolla 6 7,882 04-23-2014 03:26 PM
Last Post: ZaX
  what clutch system is this has no label adamsaiyad 1 3,080 05-03-2010 11:49 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad
  Maybe someone has more pics of this hachi? doggy 2 3,931 10-18-2009 03:08 PM
Last Post: corolla4agze
  Anyone has Toyota EPC for JDM cars? doggy 3 4,199 04-17-2009 02:38 PM
Last Post: doggy