'84 AE86
06-18-2007, 06:24 AM
'84 AE86
I love those seats! It looks pretty solid already, very awesome find this! I am hoping I'll one day find something nice here in Texas. Rust isn't a huge problem here if it is a texas car that has been garaged, but there are not a lot of hachies up for sale that run and are road worthy without being insanely expensive around here...

Justice to All
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2009, 06:45 AM
'84 AE86
Well, it's been forever since I posted on this project. The project is far from dead. Just short on money, and my money is going to other things currently, such as firearms. Our new president is total anti gun, and may or may not bring about some pointless bans, so I've been trying to scoop up a few more "evil" guns that will end up on a ban list.

Since the last I posted, this fell on my car during a severe thunderstorm that had a possible tornado.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - '84 AE86]
I wasn't too happy, as the tree almost fell on me as well. I was unlocking the door to get my car somewhere that it wouldn't take hail damage, and it fell right when I got the key in the door, branch landed right next to my head. I was more worried about the car, haha. Only put a very, very small dent in the roof, luckily.

I did however, finally get that one guys GT-S coupe. I got that in April of '08. It's not in terrible shape, needed to be cleaned up real real bad. Paint is bad too. Still runs very strong, but smokes a bit on start up, but ends up stopping. Bad valve guides maybe?

These pics were a couple days after I got it, put my hatches SR5 wheels on it for the time being, a tire on the other wheels that were on the GT-S wouldn't hold air, so I stuck these on.

Engine bay was quite filthy.

I've made progress to the coupe. It's currently all stripped down to just the engine and fuel and brake lines sitting in it.

Well this is where I stand on the project. I just need to get the engine out, and clean it up.

I want to get some opinions on where to go from here. Should I do my original plan, of converting the hatch with everything from the coupe, and build up the newly converted hatch? Or, should I just build up the coupe? I kind of figure building up the coupe would save me some headache of having to strip down the hatch, then put everything from the coupe into the hatch, then figure out what to do with the coupe shell. Also, doing it that way, would leave me with nothing as a daily driver, as the hatch is my daily driver. So, this makes me think it'd be better, and easier / quicker to build up the coupe. Probably smarter too. I just tend to like the hatch body style better, but have seen some very nice looking built coupes. Also, my friend knows a guy that can bead blast the shell of whichever one I decide to do, plus paint it inside and out, for around $1,000.

Also, what can be taken off of the 4AGE, such as emissions, and whatever else, and still let the engine run normally. I want the engine bay
to be as clean and uncluttered as possible. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
'84 AE86
Guns are bad.
AE86 is good!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
'84 AE86
guns are totally stupid - grow up... Banging head

hachi's are good - obama too... Respect!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user