Initial-D The Movie
10-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Initial-D The Movie
mux213 Wrote:Yeah I rather have a HK production than a Hollywood production aswell. Hollywood will make this into one pumped up "this is a cross between tokyopop translation and hiphop tough guy street raceing scene" movie. Can you just picture it, Takumi with tattoo's, Iketani drives a mustang instead of a S13, Kenji has a hummer with 24" wheels with those spinner rimms, and after a booring night out at the local mountain they end up in vegas' desert to do some quick 10 second quarter miles.

Thats Initial D hollywood style! If you can drift with 900+hp, why bother with a 130hp car?!?

One only has to view Tokyo pops english dubbed version to know where that would be headed to.

With a HK/Japan production you can be pretty sure they atleast stick pretty close to the original feel of the series. Sure they will have to change the story, you have no choice, you cant fit 38 episodes into a 1.5 hour feature film and keep it good.

People tent to forget that the only reason HK and Japanese movies are not very popular here is not because they are not good, its because the Asian style of movies does not appeal to us westeners, we dont relate to it. Only a fraction of the anime movies comming out in Japan makes it here because they will be bought by the masses. Pokomon, dragonball Z, digimon, you name it. You wont see Oh My Goddess appear on TV very soon eventhough its a brilliant series, same with GTO (no not a pontiac!) which is one of the best series I've seen but wont be understood or liked if you have no interest in japanese culture. Same with HK productions, I've seen a couple because my GF is HK which are brilliant, but they wont hit mainstream here because they do not appeal to us westeners.

Heck even here in Holland they tried to make a HK styled movie called Fighting Fish. Any martial arts loving person would enjoy that movie, but it flopped desparately because the target group is 0.000001% of the dutch population. It probably does do well in HKSmile (oh yeah, and I liked fighting fishSmile, it was a nice movie, not great, but very nice).

Initial D is basically the same, it is only liked by people who like drifting (although many didn't know they liked drifting until they've seen initial DSmile). But still that is a relatively small group of people. Thats why you wont see Initial D on the telly (unless maybe now in the USA in glorious american dub), it just wont hit high enough ratings for that.

I doubt the movie will even be released outside of asia, we'll only be getting it fansubbed as usual...
Respect!

The most brilliant thing of GTO is when Onizuka steals cars and imitates TFATF while he keeps explaining that he is just as skillful as Takumi.

I think the movie will eventually be dubbed (and maybe subbed) by Tokyopop: Initial D boosted their market 500%, so it's share is too big to lose. Undecided

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial-D The Movie]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Quote:who's the stuntdriver for the hachi??....Ueo??

Dont know if its for the hachi, but I think I recognized Orido in the production crowd!!!

The images are great, but I didn´t like some things, as the shining jackets, the hip-hop-fake-look-alike, to pimped guys!!!

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Initial-D The Movie
http://www.flora-fleur.net/actzero/

More information. Sorry for not being active ^^

EDIT: I heard they wrecked around 8 Truenos for it Tongue

Eat a donut once in a while Smile
02-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Initial-D The Movie
8?

Diddly compared to the Dukes of Hazard series... where they wrecked more than 200 good '69 dodge chargers...

But... that was a series...

and 8 trueno's wrecked are 8 to much... If they can be serviced back to health... yay... but if not... they are asses... (still want to see the live action movie trough)

Justice to All
02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Haha should send a mail and ask if they can ship all the wrecks to me. And i'll be taking all the good parts and make an superhachi of it. And i'll emblem an power significant at the side of 8 hachis !! Thou shall not be forgotten.

200 good dodge chargers ? Is any of them good. Sure they look nice but they're breaking -_- just scares the shit out of me driving one. Proberly that's why so many was wrecked Tongue

Have not seen Duke of Hazard. What's it about ?

Eat a donut once in a while Smile
02-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Initial-D The Movie
mux: agree, but, there still are a couple of us who can really relate to the eastern spirit in the HK/japan production movies/anime/manga.. i get mooved in a far stronger way than watching any holywood crap.. i guess its the way the story is told.. its so realistic, brutal.. just take a look at anime vs. american cartoons.. in american cartoons people fall from skyscrapers, makes a big bang, but then he gets up and walks away.. you see ppl shooting each other with guns, nothing really happens.. just when a guy drinks a glass of water it pours out through the holes.. no body ever dies.. and when they do, they go to heaven or hell wher they are still alive and not in much pain at all, maybe even having fun... but in anime people really die.. people really have problems.. and the humor is not the usual trip-over-brick-and-laugh..

well hope they keep it as close to the cartoon series as possible..

btw: have you heard that F'n'F 3 is not even gonna be a typycal LA street-drag/race moovie anymore.. they are supposed to take the scens to the tokyo streets and pimp out the drifting... anyway thats what i heard..

i really hope they are not gonna ruin probably the only thing that isnt already riced-out..
02-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Cool. He looks just like Kyouichi Sudou:
Smile

Apolan Wrote:mux: agree, but, there still are a couple of us who can really relate to the eastern spirit in the HK/japan production movies/anime/manga.. i get mooved in a far stronger way than watching any holywood crap.. i guess its the way the story is told.. its so realistic, brutal.. just take a look at anime vs. american cartoons.. in american cartoons people fall from skyscrapers, makes a big bang, but then he gets up and walks away.. you see ppl shooting each other with guns, nothing really happens.. just when a guy drinks a glass of water it pours out through the holes.. no body ever dies.. and when they do, they go to heaven or hell wher they are still alive and not in much pain at all, maybe even having fun... but in anime people really die.. people really have problems.. and the humor is not the usual trip-over-brick-and-laugh..
Hmmm, seen enough anime to disagree with that... It is true that anime in general is more realistic though. Tongue

On the other hand: you've got also series like Excel Saga in which people die all the time, but next episode they are miraculously back in the series. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Initial-D The Movie
Apolan Wrote:mux: agree, but, there still are a couple of us who can really relate to the eastern spirit in the HK/japan production movies/anime/manga.. i get mooved in a far stronger way than watching any holywood crap..

Hey Apolan,

I agree with you totally as I mentioned in my previous post. Hongkong and Japanese (and Korean Thumbs up! ) movies generally are much more injoying then American ones when it comes to story. Sure american movies have big big big budgets so they all look very very cool but the story most of the times is superficial or trying to let you see how good and cool americans areSmile There are acceptions offcourse, LOTR was the greatestSmile

I fear for F'n'F 3.......

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Initial-D The Movie
More cool stuff about the movie!

http://202.181.163.130/index_en.html

Thanks to zaxWink

*edit*, whow they really changed the story!!!!!!! Yuichi (gas station owner) is the father of itsuki, the first race takumi is going to do is against nakazato (nightkids R32), and mogi is hot!Smile (owh they actually didnt change that last oneSmile)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Initial-D The Movie
Here's a new trailer. I'm dissapointed in the lack of Eurobeat though Crying

Short url

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Initial D Mux213 2 15,940 01-17-2020 08:07 PM