Initial D?
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Initial D?
Just was wondering, how many people here actually like or enjoy Initial D? I know that on club4ag.com when I put my screen name as "tofudrift86" they assumed I was some 14-15 yr old kid who watched Initial D and all the e-thugs came out and started ragin on me. All because I put it as a joke! None of them would take me seriously. I had 12k to buy a car after my old one was stolen and asked if anyone knew where I could get a rhd Trueno. Had cash in hand and they told me to piss off like I was an idiot said I was watching to much Initial D. Anyway all venting aside, what are everyones take on Initial D?

Slide to side worldwide!!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Initial D?]
Find all posts by this user
06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Initial D?
lol, idk about anyone else but that is how my 86 passion came to life.. I liked drifting, then I saw initial D and fell in love with the 86. about getting a rhd trueno idk, maybe someone on these forums imports them?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Initial D?
well I dont need one now I got a us model and dumped about 10k in parts, but I am the same way about my passion coming to life. If it wasnt for initiald I would still own a honda.

06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Initial D?
well I've seen every single episode several times... guess that says enough Wink - I even got the CCG although it's a little pants Big Grin

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Initial D?
I love Initial D. But I am a big anime-buff, so that doesn't surprise a lot of people. It is also the anime that got me into researching this small engined rear wheel drive car. Ever since I learned about the AE86 I wanted one.

The funniest part in the entire anime: When one the guys tries to imitate Takumi by buying an AE86... and ends up with an AE85... I still laugh when I see that scene...

Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Naruto, Bleach and Wangan Midnight are just a few I've watched / am watching.

Justice to All
06-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Initial D?
Well,

On this forum you got your Initial D wannebee's, you got your Initial D enthousiasts, and you got your Initial D haters..

They are all welcome. It does help that both founders of this board are deeply Initial D fans and it was Initial D that got them interested in these cars. That said, both me and banpei do not own our cars to drift. Art owns his car because he loves hachi rokus. I own it cause I also love hachi rokus but wanted something I could through around the track aswell.

I may end up drifting for fun in the end because I do want to learn, not cause of initial D but cause I love the sport. I doubt I'll ever go as far as competing though, much to carefull with my car for that.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Initial D?
A lot of people who hate Initial D and hate people who want to buy an AE86 because of Initial D are that way inclined because they believe the newcomers to the vehicle to have little knowledge of the car or how to drive one and feel that they will either a) Crash it or b) Neglect it. Due to it being an animated series

It has to be said that Initial D finally tweaked me to buy an AE86 but it seems mentioning that to anyone will just get you flamed. I have been an AE86 owner for 3 years now and I have done my best to take absolute care of both of the two I have owned and have tried doing work myself where I can. The Big Yin I believe is someone much like myself and look at the work he is doing.

As far as i'm concerned anyone who just despises your tastes in visual entertainment is just being a child. It's your choice to own a car. So long as you intend to take good care of it, then I see no problem
06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Initial D?
I´ve allways liked AE86, i said it before and i'am still regreting why didnt i got one about 6 years now.

But initial D is just a very small part of it. Those who criticize you from buying one, were the ones without money in the hand to go on one and finaly you would ruin theyre chances - one less available, probably they are more frantic about initial d than you my friend. Everione has the right to be what they wanna be.

Reasons for an AE86, simple: Price and pleasure.

Would you think if i had more money still drive it? Probably yes because now i know what is like, but I would go for a s2k or something, without thinking twice.

I love Superman.... Can I dress red underware over my jeans and fly?

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
06-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Initial D?
I love Initial D (Anime)!!
The reason I bought an AE86 is that I wanted something else. All the people from my age bought a Volkswagen Golf, Peugeot 205 or a Honda Civic. I drive a gokart since my 5th age. I knew the fun of driving a rwd car. When I bought it I was focused on driving it on circuit and wanted to learn drifting etc. I onnestly have to say that drifting is a little out off course for me. I do want to go racing it a little on track, but I won't go too crazy, cause I love my car too much take the risk of crashing it.
Some people say an AE86 is ugly. I don't.. I realy like sharp edges of an AE86 (also BMW E30 M3).
I also like it when people underestimate the car in a little battle or that people turn down their window to ask what kind of little funny car we drive.
And to end my story: I like the AE86 community. No war between people. Just enthausiasts who share knolledge!! Respect!

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
06-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Initial D?
you guys seem to be just like me, glad I found a place where most of the people share their views instead of just hating on each other. I cant stand people who assume, Ive been working on drag cars for more than 7 yrs, vipers, camaros, 10 second hondas, you name it. I even work at a Honda dealership (I know not toyota but it pays the bills). Believe me I have my share of car knowledge, not bragging just venting (gotta do it somewhereSmile I just got into drifting about 2 yrs ago and got my 86 about a year and a half ago. Learned alot about it though, not quite race ready though, but trying. I practice alot. Dont really know where I am going with this but I posting it anyway!