Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.
11-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Will get a piccy for your Ivan,

As far as I know its a Cusco item - would be very very easy to copy. I intend to make another small bracket that sits on the top of this one to hold an external fuel pressure regulator.

I will also post up a picture of the fuel rail today - it would be good if somebody could help me identify which injectors I have.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah I was thinking of mirroring a cusco stopper and maybe try to get them made some time.. It looks so much more solid than the available alternatives for LHD cars. It looks as if it's made from bent steel sheet (heavy gauge) and then with some reinforcement welded to it..but what does the bolt above the MBC do? Usually there's one on the end of the stopper to adjust it against the master cilinder..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Bit more work today - nothing too serious though as I am still tired from a busy week.

I've now removed the aircon from the engine bay (there is still all the stuff behind the dashboard to come out yet though). Its all in really good condition (if a little dirty) and is for sale along with the aircon panel from the centre console if anyone wants it.

Also removed the viscous fan from the end of the water pump. This is not going back on the car as I hope to run an electric fan system when the car goes back together.

There is a picture of the exhaust manifold too - this is 4-1 item from Trust/Greddy. Each runner looks a fairly even length which is good and the collector welding is all very tidy too

One of the things I dont seem to be able to do right now is remove the fuel line from the fuel filter. This is a banjo bolt but no mater how hard I try it won't come undone. Any tips ?

Thats all for today - getting ready for an adults firework party (read drunken adults with fireworks). Just think - this time last year I was out trying to take nice long exposure photos of fireworks going off above my car - maybe next year.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Regards Ian.
11-05-2005, 07:35 PM
LOL...That banjo bolt wrecked my head....and my knuckles!!!

what i did was sprray some wd40 on it and leave it for a while....then i put a ratchet on it (make sure its a gud one!!) and hung out of it!! once it kicks once its sorted! hand loose!! just the initial kick is poxy!! hope that helps... Smile

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Ian,

I remember I had alot of problems with that damn fuel filter when I replaced it. The fact that it can move in its rubbers doesn't help much eitherSmile

Still with so much removed you should be able to reach it better then I ever couldSmile Good luck with it anywaysSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
The other thing i remeber about your car was NO OIL COOLER. Apparently (i.e. heard from other sources) a few engines have been damaged by the owners not uprating their oil cooler as they increased engine power, so running without during the kind of abuse a drift session creates might not be a good thing.

If you want to catch me on messenger i have a couple of ideas...

11-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Ian, tnx on the pictures.
Yesterday we started pero's bluetop + 20V ITB's + e-manage.
We measured afr on the idle and it looks Ok. Still have to setup few more things before we start to map the engine.

Good luck on your project.

BR

ZaX

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Zax is it an open throttles setup(from silver or blacktop the ITBs) with map sensor? what e-manage you are using?

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
This is exactly my planned setup (blue top 16V with MAP ECU, T3 adapter, 20V ITB, e-manage (blue). I read somewhere problems with TPS. Is it true? I'm not close enough to try, still lurking with chassis/suspension building.
11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
alimonos Wrote:Zax is it an open throttles setup(from silver or blacktop the ITBs) with map sensor? what e-manage you are using?

GReddy e-manage: an inexpensive fuel management system... blah...blah....blah...
There 's only one Greddy e-manage and it cost enough to scare you...
(its pretty affordable if you compare it with other aftermarket managemenbts though)

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ian.G's Track/Drift Levin.] http://www.jdmbits.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track AE86 Build from south america Nurburgring 3 7,637 10-30-2013 07:31 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  Ae86 Levin drift project. filip.alin 7 8,964 01-20-2013 03:05 PM
Last Post: filip.alin
  86er's Track rebuild N2.??? Finally an update page 8 86er 191 244,310 03-25-2012 10:05 AM
Last Post: bozu
  (AUS) 8age trueno track monster! green_boy_91 48 53,161 02-22-2010 01:47 PM
Last Post: green_boy_91
  KP61: The track fridge 127 Boy 20 28,508 01-04-2010 01:02 AM
Last Post: The Doctor