I've seen a lot of strange engineswaps
03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Thumbs up! robokill!!!
Respect to our fellow yellow men.... Respect!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
The Hachis are too rare around here to do that... keep it at least in the family...
03-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Anything that goes! Respect!

I have the utmost respect for my fellow hachi owner who swears he will keep his hachi bone stock and toyota pure.

I have just as much respect for my fellow hachi owner who does an engine swap to his own desires whatever the type of engine it is.

But only toyota engine's in toyota's? nah no reason for that, I love that S2000 conversion just as much as an 4AG supercharger swap.

Still... vauxhall?!?!? Smile

(that said, they only wrong thing to do in this world is put a non rotary engine in an RX7, now that is pure Evil )

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
These sort of projects tend to attract a lot of negative comments from people. Somehow though, most of that stops once they actually get a drive in one of these things.
Just keep that hood closed and laugh as you blow by all the GZE/20V people.

I remember thinking the same way about vauxhall/opel in general. But then one day at the nurburgring I was just blown away time and again by locals in their opels. The speeddifference was just amazing, those things ate up everything in their path: porsche or no porsche.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
03-16-2005, 05:46 PM
A italian M3 motor with 195HP and 7250rpm would be great, together with a carbon airbox and AlphaN you get a extreem fast AE86.

I have the 2.3L 215hp engine in my E30 M3 and it is a party driving that rev happy car.

Michel

Daily driver: Seat Leon Cupra V6
Summercar: E30 M3 Cecotto
Projectcar: AE86
03-16-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't think its a bad idea since the 4AGs don't seem to cope with the power that XE engines can produce reliably. Its not something I would do myself though since I've always been an enormous Toyota fan.

Incidentally the engine that was originally in that car is now in my car, even if it isn't running yet.
03-16-2005, 09:09 PM
The guy who owns that car is often found on Driftworks, it's in mid conversion.

My brother and I are also in the process of sticking the XE motor into our 86's, but the cars are being built as proper drift cars and you can't beat the power and torque that the XE can give with little modification. Thumbs up!

When they're finished I can guarantee that they'll be one hell of a drive! :wink:
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Its ethically wrong to our hachi values Tongue

...but...

you can't argue with cheap torque and mucho power for dorifto

(is that stiggy ???)

These XE powered cars are gonna be quick.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I've seen a lot of strange engineswaps]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes Stiggy is a member of the team, drives the hot Starlet, My brother (Minty) and I (Crap) drive the 86's. Well when they're finished, currently have to use an S13.
03-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Xmmm, why I must change the engine ?
1. 4AGE revs very well.
2. I cannot use much more then 200 hp because I will break the tranny. 3. 4AGE is capable of 200 hp in NA, supercharged and turbo variants and if you make turbo-conversion - you can build 200 hp engine with stock internals using low boost and small (cheap and widely available) turbos.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolest link this week :) LOT´s of jap car pics! peter møller 1 2,795 01-13-2006 03:40 PM
Last Post: peter møller
  Possibly the best AE86 vid i've seen Jezza_hr 7 6,021 11-22-2005 06:06 PM
Last Post: Darkstar
  Whos seen the Club AE86 Videos Dogs Danglies 10 8,646 07-13-2005 10:52 AM
Last Post: banpei
  the best 86 vid i have seen H7ERO 10 8,759 12-05-2004 01:50 AM
Last Post: H7ERO