I think I should introduce myself as well...
08-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Hiya all!

I think I should introduce myself as well, since I'm the admin of the site. Anyway, let's get rolling:

My name (irl) is Art and I am a software developer as well. I develop for a well known Dutch ISP and do this site in my spare time.

If you ask why: well, it all started about 4 years ago. Somewhere late 2000 I downloaded some fansubbed anime which is not available as DVD in the US or Europe. Most of the time I just downloaded two or three episodes to see what the series is all about, but when I discovered Initial-D I was hooked. I downloaded the whole first stage (which was the only stage available back then) and watched it as a marathon. The next time I met Mux, I pointed him out to Initial-D and since then he got addicted to it as well. Wink

Since then I started being hooked on the Hachi-roku. I discovered that trueno.org was still available as a domain and immediately registered the name. Back then, the only thing on the webpage was an R-Type logo, which was a domain of my flatmate back then. At least I got the name. Another sidenote: I accidently mistyped the domainname back then, so I got stuck with tureno.org as well. Sad Later on (about one and a half year ago) I also registered hachi-roku.org. Smile

My AE86 obsession started to get bigger during the past four years. I even tried tuning the car in every car game available. Big Grin When I finally got my drivers license last year I was determined to buy an Hachi-roku. Unfortunately I did not have the money and bought a cheap car to be sure to have some wheels. But whenever I get the opportunity to buy an AE86 I would certainly do so.

Of course I know the shortcomings of the Hachi, and ofcourse the car is already overtwenty years old (at least the older models) and the price of the car has risen since then (not as bad as in the US) but the car is so tempting. Evil

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I think I should introduce ...as well...]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2004, 09:32 AM
My intrest in the AE86 came from some movies I downloaden from the best motoring range. The in europe fairly unknown car, was and is cultcar in Japan. I surfed the net for many nights to get info over the car, not with the intention to buy one at that time but just because I was impressed how this little car was still in competition after al these years. The best car in europe to compare with is probably the mini cooper. This litle box on wheels is till this time for many a alltime favorit, on and of the track. Also aftermarkt part bussines is stil alive and kicking. Back on the AE86. A friend of my dit some autocross with a RWD Starlett, and him being a Toyota fan, brougth up some fantastic discusions over great cars. He seen to be a great AE86 fan, and Toyota mecanic. I burned him a CD with al kinds of AE86 movies I downloaden from the net. After watching this cd, he had one goal. Getting a the sweetest coupe Toyota ever build. When he finaly bought his 260k km AE86 I had the chance to finaly drive this amazing car. After the testdrive I had a problem, I was hooked. Their was only one thing in my mind, get a AE86. I checked the net and a coupe of toyota forums daily to find my AE86. The car I finaly bought was one of a kind. The former owner told me their were only around 200 AE86 sold in Holland. Buying one from the first owner with al the garage bills and only 83.000 km on the clock was as having a winning lotteryticket Smile .

I hope you get the change you can call yourself proud owner of this fantastic car.

Michel

Daily driver: Seat Leon Cupra V6
Summercar: E30 M3 Cecotto
Projectcar: AE86
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should i buy? thereg 4 4,213 01-07-2008 09:59 AM
Last Post: banpei
  introducing: myself! extrem_racing 12 9,456 08-29-2007 09:26 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  new here , just wanted to introduce myself BILLYhoang 9 6,750 06-20-2007 09:28 PM
Last Post: BILLYhoang
  WELL From New Zealand WELL 10 6,921 03-11-2007 09:45 PM
Last Post: WELL
  Presenting myself and my new AE86 amigaguy 12 10,540 08-28-2006 07:53 PM
Last Post: DJexor