I need a new car....
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
I need a new car....
Congratulations !!

You might import a nice 5-door E8 liftback with airco and cruise control from the USA :-) Although I'm slightly wondering if you can still drive those fast enough on the motorway once you switch the airco on...
Find all posts by this user
10-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I need a new car....
I opt for volvo 440 too. No need to spend much cash on it, and you get a lot of car in return (damn comfy with the leather interior too).
Mine is a 94 model, and has absolutely ZERO rust. Only problems I have at the moment are a faulty thermostat, and maybe a worn out waterpump, but it passed MOT last week without problems. The brakes are really amazing too.. no ABS but it stops twice as good as the average hachi.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I need a new car....
Congrats Muxi!
Have you considered a Carina E? They are farily cheap, VERY relaible, roomy and comfy, and if you choose a 2.0 TD you get a economical ride too. [Image: AEU86 AE86 - I need a new car....]

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
10-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I need a new car....
Congratulations Mux
This one is for sale

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

daily driver avensis 2.0 d4d and Yaris 1.0
weekend driver 1985 AE86
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I need a new car....
Knudsen, the diesels are only interesting in Holland if you drive ALOT. Whatever you save on fuel cost you spend in extra road tax, stupid mofo goverment...
I have been looking at toyota's aswell but they tend to be a tad more expensive here..

Roger, hahaha defo cool but I think the wife will hate thatBig Grin

Ivan, the 440 is defo a serious contester, cheap, reliable, perfect family cruiser, just need to find out if the wife don't find it to 'old fashioned'. Now just need to find one with A/C, atleast half leather, toe hook and low mileage for a decent price..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I need a new car....
You'd better go for a 460 then, they are a bit luxurious, sporty and better looking than the 440. Wink
Unfortunately no hatchback then, but the car should have enough room then: I fitted four beer crates in the boot a few years ago when my former boss used to own one. Big Grin
Oh, and definetly buy the facelifted model then, eventhough it will cost you an additional 1000 euros. Tongue

A few examples:
http://koopjes.marktplaats.nl/auto_s/vol...88765.html
http://koopjes.marktplaats.nl/auto_s/vol...34123.html

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I need a new car....]
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
I need a new car....
ehm, you mean a 480? Those are more problematic cars, and more expensive too.. not exactly practical either.

The 460 is just a longer sedan version of the 440. He's looking for a comfy safe cheap and reliable family car, not a sporty, expensive to buy&fix small car. Dumb question Never thought I'd see the day that I'd stick up for a volvo 440, but at the current prices you just cant beat it that easily.

[edit] I see you mean the 460 after all...still, it's less practical than a 440 (which has a hatchback), the rest is 100% the same.. I have a facelift model too y'know..[/edit]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I need a new car....
The 460 isn't a six cylinder right ???

In the old days volvo used the first digit for the series, second for the number of cylinders and third for the number of doors... So that makes a 244 a 4 cylinder 4 door and a 262 a six cylinder 2 door... But then a 480 would be an 8 cylinder 0 doors so I sort of answered my own question here...
10-16-2006, 11:36 PM
I need a new car....
I have no idea what the 4 and the 6 stand for, the 440 and 460 are basically the same care, 440 is 5 door hatch, 460 is 4 door sedan. The 480 is a completely different car that does look cool.

I think I like the 440 best so far though I'm still a bit confused about the different versions out there. Most seem to have a toehook so thats cool. Plenty out there with airbags and some with A/C especially on the later models. With some searching even relatively new low mileage ones can be found for just over 1000 euro's so they are definately cheap. There are so many for sale it must be possible to strike a bargain.

What did caught my eye is the 1.7liter turbo ones, owh yummy. They tent to run only a little more then the non turbo ones...... must resist..... must put them out of my head.... turbo ones most likely are a ticket to many garage visits...

What is pretty re-assuring is that there are also plenty of cars for sale with 250k to near 300kkm on the odo, means these cars defo are build to last. If I can find one near the 120k mark I should have one that gives me a couple of years of near care free driving with luckBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I need a new car....
Ivan141 Wrote:ehm, you mean a 480? Those are more problematic cars, and more expensive too.. not exactly practical either.

The 460 is just a longer sedan version of the 440. He's looking for a comfy safe cheap and reliable family car, not a sporty, expensive to buy&fix small car. Dumb question Never thought I'd see the day that I'd stick up for a volvo 440, but at the current prices you just cant beat it that easily.

[edit] I see you mean the 460 after all...still, it's less practical than a 440 (which has a hatchback), the rest is 100% the same.. I have a facelift model too y'know..[/edit]
I meant the 460 indeed. In my eyes the back makes it look a bit sportier than the 440 hatch: back looks a bit higher and it makes the lines a bit better on the car. The rest is indeed exactly the same. Smile

It is less practical, however the boot is very very very deep (you allmost hear echos in it) and high compared to most cars, and with the rear seats down you have allmost the same amount of space to put stuff in. Smile

However a 480 is also a nice car, but not as spacious as the 440 or 460. Would definetly beat the hachi in comfort though. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I need a new car....]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need to learn a new language StarletGT 4 5,862 10-14-2004 08:54 AM
Last Post: banpei