I WILL own an 86!!!!
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Greetings to all around the world. Big Grin Shouting out from the US of A here in Connecticut. By trade, im a laser technican. I final test TruDisk laser for Trumpf in Farmington, CT. I love cars...plain and simple. I just restored a Nova and am now looking for my next project. Yummie! Im proud to be a total Initial d loser and Ive started tracking down 86 hatch backs to deliver tofu with....yea right.....well It seems here in the US the hatchback were mostly the SR5 option...is that correct? I plan on a built boosted track/street car. Low compresion, low boost, reliable, street brawling ride. I found a guy in alabama selling 3 for around $2000. they all seem good. I hope with this forum I can build a car affordably. I can weld, paint, rebuild engines/transmissions and setup rear axles, Im ok with electrical work also. Hope everyone has a blessed day and may your projects be enjoyable!! Hurray!
Find all posts by this user
01-30-2013, 10:40 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Welcome!

A muscle car 'Nova' ? Show us some pics. :wink:

Yea, SR5 are a bit easier to find than GT-S.

Your welding, rebuilding skills will come in handy cause ae86's can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Thumbs up!

ハチロク

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I WILL own an 86!!!!]
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Thanks for the welcome zenki! I figure americans aren't too popular on an eu site, so your reply is cool....that's whatsup! Ill get you some pictures of the car by this weekend.
01-31-2013, 05:33 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
theghost Wrote:Thanks for the welcome zenki! I figure americans aren't too popular on an eu site, so your reply is cool....that's whatsup! Ill get you some pictures of the car by this weekend.

Don't be daft, of course you are welcome to probably the best
'86 site out there !
Wave

An analogue brain in a digital World
01-31-2013, 06:14 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Oh yeah... another passionate!

Please save another SR5/GT-S from rusting... Thumbs up!

BTW buy some EU Bumpers...... Hurray! Hurray!
02-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Welcome! Wave
Keep in mind that a lot of 3 cars for 2k probably means you can make one single one from them and scavenge the others for parts. 80s Toyotas know how to hide their rust well. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - I WILL own an 86!!!!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
Gt-s(twin cam, fuel injected 4ag) was available here in the Usa from 85-87
85&86 are the only two years hatchbacks came in Gts trim, while the coupe was available all three years. Also another way to verify if its a true gts is the vin starts with Jt2Ae88. Also in the Usa we never got the Gts in white, and we never got the "panda scheme"

The Sr5(single cam carburated 4ac) was available from 84-87 with the hatchback being offered 84-86 and again the coupe was available all 4 years. To make sure its an Sr5 the vin starts with Jt2ae86

Hope this helps!

1985 Corolla Gt-s Coupe Wink
02-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I WILL own an 86!!!!
^he's mostly right... I have seen 87 gts hatches, and white gts as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryo from Slovakia - i own red AE86 Ryo 26 23,720 01-11-2005 12:22 PM
Last Post: dreja