Hyundai to build new Silvia/AE86?
05-17-2007, 05:16 AM
My opinion: No point discussing what the 86 WAS. More productive is to think about what it has BECOME because of Initial D, Drift, enthusiasts and all the 86 mythology... and Toyota is aware of the 86 phenomenom, dont doubt it!

When they decide to remake it I wont sleep until I order one, but it just won't "feel" the same...

Am I right?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hyundai to build new Silvia/AE86?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2007, 08:46 AM
you cannot compare todays and ancient prices, the hachi was not so well equipped but still better that ordinary beaters. i am interested to compare price between E30 318is and AE86gt in germany back in the days, and this e30 is much better car in my opinion, zinc protected, better brakes, durable engine, nice interior, better equipped with luxury goods (i know it has not the heart from hachiroku but you see much of them in perfect condition on german roads and i like it) maybe someone from our german friends remember the prices.

if they remake the ae86, expect something in the directions of FC to RX8 evolution. so AE86 modern days will have altezza drivetrain 2liter with vvti maybe hybrid, its heavier bigger, saver, luxurier, but its useless they dont gonna make it. ask onyx for details Evil

modern hachiroku is C2vts, Lupo gti,..... aspected from the prices, equippment, weight/power

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I said "spartan" because excluding our USA friends most AE86 have no clima nor steering assistance nor power mirrors/windows nor leather interior.
We can find LSD in the list of "extras" and maybe power sunroof, nothing more.
And yes, AE86 is lightweight. All comparable cars like E30 iS weight up to 200 kilos more. That's why AE86 will outperform (IMHO) E30 318iS always, the BMW is good car but all these extras just add weight and that way all advantages like better brakes and more power from 1.8 engine are lost.
Talking about rust - how many AE86 rusted on floorpan or engine bay ? Excluding sills (sometimes) and rear arches+boot area - there is no serious problem with rust. IMHO E30 is not zinc-platted - maybe some body parts are but these cars rust also (unlike the famous AUDI 80 "egg-model" where zinc plating was used widely).
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Please, anything else but not hyundai Undecided

86ers.org
AE86 x GXE10
05-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Jamie: on the JDM Market a lot of hachi had Airco, power windows, power mirrors and power steering as well. On JDM market the GT Models should be the most spartan models, GTV more luxurious and the Apex models the most luxurious.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hyundai to build new Silvia/AE86?]
05-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Spitfire Wrote:Please, anything else but not hyundai Undecided

This was the exact same thing the "establishment" said when Toyota came out with the AE86. The snobs didn't look at the car because it was just another japanese econobox.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Since 2002 Hyundai is making some very good cars compared to the 'other' el cheapo brands like deauvrolet (it's a big minus) and kia. The interiour is plastic and it feels like your breadcase, yes, but the cars they make... they're not so bad at all.

But i'll think twice before I buy one, who want's to say that you drive a Hyundai?!

Daily Starlet - EP81
Project - AE92 GTi - 4AGE smallport powered
05-17-2007, 07:31 PM
with the bmw i try to explain that ae86 was in europe not so luxurious as this car or another sport cars. (they are not zinc platted? but many from them in perfect condition here)

hyundai are well build i see many of them from early 90`s and they still run pretty good. Tongue

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Max Havelaar Wrote:

Since 2002 Hyundai is making some very good cars compared to the 'other' el cheapo brands like deauvrolet (it's a big minus) and kia. The interiour is plastic and it feels like your breadcase, yes, but the cars they make... they're not so bad at all.

But i'll think twice before I buy one, who want's to say that you drive a Hyundai?!

Its obviously offtopic and sorry that I keep messing my profession here and there, but its obvious you havent driven the new Kia C'eed.

If you had then you d knewe the car is equal and in some points better than the VW Golf.
And personally, I dislike Golf (and Astras, and CorollAuris) still I cant do anything but "love" a car thats equal to those, offers a 7 year factory garranty and costs -3.500 euros Smile

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hyundai to build new Silvia/AE86?] http://www.jdmbits.com
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
nmwisima Wrote:
Max Havelaar Wrote:

Its obviously offtopic and sorry that I keep messing my profession here and there, but its obvious you havent driven the new Kia C'eed.

If you had then you d knewe the car is equal and in some points better than the VW Golf.
And personally, I dislike Golf (and Astras, and CorollAuris) still I cant do anything but "love" a car thats equal to those, offers a 7 year factory garranty and costs -3.500 euros Smile

I haven't driven one, maybe Kia isn't a good example

Daily Starlet - EP81
Project - AE92 GTi - 4AGE smallport powered

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvia is back ZaX 14 12,393 11-24-2004 11:59 AM
Last Post: Dorito86