Hydraulic handbrake
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Hydraulic handbrake
well i have a hanbrake bought with copper piping to connecct into the master cylinder line and to the rear but im still not sur on how to tap into these and where to tap in and with what type of fittings ineed to use.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Hydraulic handbrake
205t16 Wrote:well i have a hanbrake bought with copper piping to connecct into the master cylinder line and to the rear but im still not sur on how to tap into these and where to tap in and with what type of fittings ineed to use.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hydraulic handbrake]

Srtaigt from mastercylinder to handbrakecylinder rear hole.

And from handbrakecylinder front hole to rear axles cylinders.

meshin Wrote:I'we heard on DIY hidraulic handbrake it likes to overflow the master cilinder when you pull the handbrake.
Mine hydraulic handbrake never do that.
10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Hydraulic handbrake
just a thought on the overflowing: with the handbrake cilinder in the line to the rear as pictured above you effectively cut off the flow of brake fluid from the master cilinder to the rear, this fluid cant go the the front calipers so maybe this causes fluid levels to rise in the master when your braking AND have the handbrake engaged.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Hydraulic handbrake
Srtaigt from mastercylinder to handbrakecylinder rear hole.

And from handbrakecylinder front hole to rear axles cylinders.

still not helping, i know where it needs to go but i dont know how to tap into the lines and with what type of connections to use. would i be right in saying you need some sort of t-piece connectors.
10-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Hydraulic handbrake
If you look under the car you'll find the original pipe going to the rear, your best bet would be to cut it around where you're handbrake will come, then make new pipes with fittings that will fit to the master cilinder using the old cut pipe as a guide. I cant tell you what fittings you'll need for that master cilinder, just take it with you to the parts store and if they're worth a damn they'll have an assortment to choose from, and can bend the pipes for you, more importantly press the fittings on. Thats a really annoying thing to do yourself.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Handbrake adjustment discs? DMC 8 464 03-10-2024 08:08 PM
Last Post: DMC
  Hydraulic handbrake with stock rear brakes Dino86 11 13,954 07-11-2014 08:33 PM
Last Post: Dino86
  How to make the handbrake more effective? heshan 8 10,381 04-27-2011 03:43 PM
Last Post: heshan
  Handbrake issues heshan 4 4,918 12-13-2010 07:15 AM
Last Post: assassin10000
  Hydraulic Clutch tomatinaton 8 7,274 05-09-2009 03:21 AM
Last Post: |BUDA|