How many members transferred from club4ag due to shutdown?
03-11-2007, 01:13 AM
AE86Drivingclub can be pretty juvenile at times, but still some good stuff.

http://www.toymods.net is very good though caters for all Toyota's. There is however a large AE86 / 4AGE population on there.

Toymods is run at a high standard and excellent technical input. Juvenile rubbish gets short shrift very quickly.

Both are Australian based.
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2007, 03:42 AM
I bring you greetings from Moto, the webmaster of Club4AG.com. As of this past week he told me that they very much expect to be online again, possibly for the start of next month. Apparently the old server died a horrible death and more time was consumed trying to recover one of the hard drives.

Instead of just patching things up (with the inevitable collaterla damage) and then migrating to a new server (which had been on the agenda already) and disrupting everything twice, they've chosen to do everything at once, carefully and methodically, despite the major downtune.

And, he thanks the many members who have enquired or asked if there's anything they can do to help.

So...with patience...I'm hoping that we'll all get emails in a couple of weeks telling us to come back and load test the new server.<G> (And there's room in this world for two 4AG forums!<G&gtWink

[Note: I'm just passing on what I've been told, I'm not part of the Club4AG.com management and I'm not privy to anything internal there.]

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
03-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Red Wrote:I bring you greetings from Moto, the webmaster of Club4AG.com. As of this past week he told me that they very much expect to be online again, possibly for the start of next month. Apparently the old server died a horrible death and more time was consumed trying to recover one of the hard drives.

Instead of just patching things up (with the inevitable collaterla damage) and then migrating to a new server (which had been on the agenda already) and disrupting everything twice, they've chosen to do everything at once, carefully and methodically, despite the major downtune.

And, he thanks the many members who have enquired or asked if there's anything they can do to help.

So...with patience...I'm hoping that we'll all get emails in a couple of weeks telling us to come back and load test the new server.<G> (And there's room in this world for two 4AG forums!<G&gtWink

[Note: I'm just passing on what I've been told, I'm not part of the Club4AG.com management and I'm not privy to anything internal there.]
Indeed there is room for more than one 4ag forum. I find them all refreshing, just think, we cover several continents now, and all of them are a big inspiration to learn from.
I dont mind club4ag being juvenile (if thats the case i hardly notice) because i´m pretty cool with just sorting out the good from the bad. I use it for the info i need, and the occasional chit-chat. I dont tend to "depend" on one AE86 forum alone. Thumbs up!

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
03-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Red,

Good news, I got a mail from him some time ago but he didn't know when they'd be back then. Very good to hear that they are making such progress. I also saw the update on the frontpage.

Really looking forward to seeing what they have changed Smile

And yes, the more forums the better, as long as we all get along, we all have our specialties and nobody is restricted to joining just one forum...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I was browsing both for a good long time before acquring my AE86, but didn't post anywhere. When the time came to start fixing it and discussing technical issues - club4ag was already down. Since i live in the USA the loss of the whole tech-talk archive there was a bit of a shame and their buy/sell forums would come handy right now since i do need some parts that are best priced if second hand, otherwise though, the crowd there was a bit overposy in general. It is a fact some of the people there had immense knowledge and experience with corollas, but what can you do... I just wish the archives of that forum were kept and available somewhere, since there is a good chance the problems any of us are or will be having were something somebody else had already fixed and written about. That would mean a lot less headbanging for some of us. I just wanted to ask if anybody had any of the in-forum pages downloaded somewhere, you know the discussions of tech issues that never made it on the club4age.com's tech article section on the site - post it somewhere, there was indeed a lot to read there.
03-11-2007, 02:32 PM
domi Wrote:I was browsing both for a good long time before acquring my AE86, but didn't post anywhere. When the time came to start fixing it and discussing technical issues - club4ag was already down. Since i live in the USA the loss of the whole tech-talk archive there was a bit of a shame and their buy/sell forums would come handy right now since i do need some parts that are best priced if second hand, otherwise though, the crowd there was a bit overposy in general. It is a fact some of the people there had immense knowledge and experience with corollas, but what can you do... I just wish the archives of that forum were kept and available somewhere, since there is a good chance the problems any of us are or will be having were something somebody else had already fixed and written about. That would mean a lot less headbanging for some of us. I just wanted to ask if anybody had any of the in-forum pages downloaded somewhere, you know the discussions of tech issues that never made it on the club4age.com's tech article section on the site - post it somewhere, there was indeed a lot to read there.

Where are you located and what parts do you need. Send me your e-mail to [email protected] I'll send you my parts list with the prices. I may have stuff you need Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - How many members transferre... shutdown?]

Peter Diaz
http://www.shiftgearclothing.com
http://www.ectoyotas.com/forum/
http://www.facebook.com/elfatherae86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Members Near London? or Near Nurburgring? Touge86 5 6,967 02-26-2010 03:04 AM
Last Post: Touge86
  How many cars do you own? ZaX 38 27,092 02-26-2006 07:57 PM
Last Post: XJS