How many members transferred from club4ag due to shutdown?
03-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Could be interesting to know how many found this site, when browsing the net after club4ag closed for maintenance.
Personally i´ve been here since the beginning, but i found ae86drivingclub.com.au when looking for other places when club4ag closed.

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Barely been to club4ag, only for tech section. I´m registered but not even a post.

I´m here since the beginning, but not that participation ratio thar this forum deserves, but used to read it every now and then.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - How many members transferre... shutdown?]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Peter,

I expect the other american boards have gotten most of the members in the US since they have more things to offer for US based people then we do (just like we seem to have more to offer Europian owners then club4ag did).

Still we did see a rise in signups since club4ag went down so I guess we're doing something right Big Grin

How many signups we got due to club4ag compared to just people finding us is hard to say since we've recently put the new forum look up and the new front page up and Banpei has been very busy making us easier to find in google and such.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Indeed. However I estimate of every new user 1 out of 2 is US or Canadian. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I found this great site from C4AG going down. I'll admit it. I found a lot of great forums since C4AG went down. I used to check C4AG only and nothing else. I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I feel C4AG going down was a good thing. It helped me open my eyes to other greater forums out there. C4AG was great when people actually posted relavent technical posts with great information. The other part of it was gay. All the flamers and haters. I would like to see someone go through the posts extract the useful knowledge, delete all the other BS,and archive it.

Peter Diaz
http://www.shiftgearclothing.com
http://www.ectoyotas.com/forum/
http://www.facebook.com/elfatherae86
03-10-2007, 06:03 PM
i'm originally from club4ag as well. tomstwincam brought up a good observation: with club4ag being unavailable, it's forced me to search out other AE86 enthusiasts and that's how i found AEU86.org as well as AE86DrivingClub.com.au. i have also noticed that there seems to be less drama and immaturity on both forums. it's refreshing. i also mainly stay in the technical forums so maybe i'm dodging the fireballs Wink

in all, it has been eye opening and good to know there are a lot of talented drivers and technicians.

it's also nice to see the forum mod/admin(s) active on the board.

thanks for having this available and making another US 86 owner feel welcome.

dr.occa

"Strictly All Things 86"
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Tom, Occa,

It's good that it gave you (and others) a chance to look around and see there is a bigger world out there. Club4AG did suffer from its own success in that it became very big. For us one of the reasons for starting this forum was with so many Americans (duh) on Club4AG a lot of them never realized there are other countries outside of the US, it was frustrating asking questions and getting answers that made sense in America, but not here (no I don't live in Holland/Texas, No I can't drive my car to Joe's garage and give it a tuneup!).

Its funny to see the role reversal now though, we're getting a bundle of questions posted by Americans these days that simply don't make sense on a forum targetted at the EU market (not that that makes you Americans any less welcome here, and Canadians, Australians, etc.).

A word of warning though. AEU86, and all the other boards out there run the same risk as Club4AG. With Club4AG down the risk has become 10 fold. As more people find us, we'll have more people on the board. The more people there are on the board, the more risk there is of less informational talk going on and more junk threads messing things up. It happens to every board on the wide web that is successful. Boards that over moderate die out quickly because they simply aren't fun.

We'll see what the future brings and how we admins and moderators are able to keep order in the mess, so far its gonne pretty well Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-10-2007, 08:44 PM
guess club 4ag will be back by the end of the month

03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
unholy,

well they are working hard to put it back online, no idea how much time it will take though. Would be nice to see it back up Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-10-2007, 11:17 PM
ohh i know but on the front page it says they expect it to be this month.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Members Near London? or Near Nurburgring? Touge86 5 6,992 02-26-2010 03:04 AM
Last Post: Touge86
  How many cars do you own? ZaX 38 27,271 02-26-2006 07:57 PM
Last Post: XJS