Help us find JOE69
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Help us find JOE69
Jonny: Business has been less good for the aeu86 shop since this started as well, however I suspect that has more to do with the season. People park their cars inside a shed, or don't do any maintenance on their cars right now.

Ofcourse there are some people who make use of the winter to do big maintenance on their cars, but thats (from how I see it) a minority.

BTW: Joe69 told us he registered himself as a company as well, otherwise he wouldn't be dealing in the commercial sales subforum.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help us find JOE69]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Help us find JOE69
Donut,

Well when its about respectable businesses, businesses deal with many customers and their track record can give you a good feel about whether it is safe to do business with them.
The other way around is much harder. How to know if a customer will pay for their goods? There is no way to build up a trust relationship especially with overseas customers. Even if they have ordered large amounts twice with you and nicely paid, they may scam you on the third. Only with local customers you can build up an honest relationship, or with customers that besides your business dealings you build a separate relationship and become friends in other ways you might develop trust.

Our solution was simple, we demand payment up front. If people don't trust us as a supplier, then it already ends there. We simply can't afford to take that risk. Offcourse AEU86 is in the luxery position that both me and Art do not rely on our business to support ourselves and do this for fun and for the community. But at the same time that means we wish to run near 0 risk.

Jonny, this is exactly why I posted my whole rant. I don't know how and if recent events have influenced your business or if its just the season that is making business slow but over the past 4 years I've noticed some crazy events on the same lines.

Be it technotoy tuning, paradise racing or your shop just to name but a few, it takes but a single post by a disgruntled customer to drag such a shop down to a halt (or so it would seem if you read the reactions to such a post) while often the whole case is about nothing at all.

Even the most respectable business make mistakes, and often you have to wonder if the mistake is even theirs. Sometimes its even their own success that simply overwelms them and makes them react a little slower. But even worse, sometimes its simply some idiot that mad over nothing.

The bad thing however is it seems, it takes 100 satisfied customers to balance 1 disgruntled customers to balance your shops opinion in the minds of potential buyers. And in such a small community its hard to find that balance.

In the end that still means, my opinion about Joe is not yet made up. He could indeed be someone who is trying to screw things up, but I still feel strongly that he could still be someone just caught up in something that originally was not his own fault.
Knowing how easily you can get into trouble in this business once a deal falls apprt by causes not controlled by yourself (unexpected shipping costs/lost packages/bad customers/etc.), he could just have cascaded from one problem into the next and not have seen any way out but spiral down into more trouble.
And lets face it, the internet also has a mean habit of making things seem 10x worse then they are.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
02-26-2008, 03:43 AM
Help us find JOE69
wow... heated argument in here..

anyway, i managed to find joe69 and found out his troubles. I've given him a deadline to comeback to his customers with answers. Else, myself and few of my friends will try and straighthen him out, again. ehehehe..

About the shipment thing, i fully understand them! i used to work with FedEx and let me tell u, different laws in various countries are very hard to keep up to date. Once i send something to Bulgaria, it was about 105kg in weight and the size was the allowed size. Once reached there, the customs said cannot enter the country because allowed weight for that size is 95kg. WTF? so the package got resend to Singapore, repacked into 2 packages of 60kg each. ahahahaha.. took 3 months to reach there. haih..
02-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Help us find JOE69
sakaito Wrote:wow... heated argument in here..

anyway, i managed to find joe69 and found out his troubles. I've given him a deadline to comeback to his customers with answers. Else, myself and few of my friends will try and straighthen him out, again. ehehehe..

About the shipment thing, i fully understand them! i used to work with FedEx and let me tell u, different laws in various countries are very hard to keep up to date. Once i send something to Bulgaria, it was about 105kg in weight and the size was the allowed size. Once reached there, the customs said cannot enter the country because allowed weight for that size is 95kg. WTF? so the package got resend to Singapore, repacked into 2 packages of 60kg each. ahahahaha.. took 3 months to reach there. haih..

Hi sakaito if you manage to find joe69 and know about his troubles why dont you tell us whats going rather than keep us all hanging. I have been tricked numerous time by him telling me its on its way or il get back to you and never did he once get back to me. So i highly doubt he will come out and straighten this out. Im from Australia, and its nearly been 6month and still no parts, i also know a couple of guys from here who purchased parts off him and received missing parts or the condition of them were totally destroyed or even havent gotten anything like myself.
02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Help us find JOE69
i thinks he´s planing something fishy.. im calling him numerous of times. he answers and put away the phone or he just give a damn that im calling..
F him so hard.. hate him.. i want my damn money and ill buy from someone else.!!!

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
02-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Help us find JOE69
its been 5 months and i havent received my parts from Joe69. he keep on emailing me that my parts were on its way and i will receive it the date he told me. no tracking number and still no parts. ive been very patient. so hopefully either he send me my parts or refund me my money.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help us find JOE69]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Help us find JOE69
F JOE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE HAS F....NG IMIGRATED TO THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GET HIM"

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
02-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Help us find JOE69
Hmmm,

Maybe we can send Joran van der Sloot on a holiday there, ask him to go fishing with Joe Big Grin

Sorry bad dutch joke..

Sucks mates.... really sounds like joe screwed up big timeSad

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Help us find JOE69
LOL @Mux! Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Help us find JOE69
yea i got my levin parts in december and ordered um in august....they came in on a pallet that got crushed throu shipping.....i have his number still somwhere....solar i thought you recived yours....he told me you got yours shortly before i did

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice find Tig 11 10,109 12-22-2012 06:51 PM
Last Post: RGeris
  Where to find strap tows? pedro-siR 11 12,304 08-24-2009 02:09 PM
Last Post: Kid Karola
  Ever wondered why ae86's are hard to find? nzae86 9 9,466 05-22-2008 10:35 PM
Last Post: fly
  Help me find my shippment Allexz 4 5,185 01-23-2008 12:29 PM
Last Post: parrot
  help help help ToyotaTs 4 4,906 09-20-2007 05:21 PM