Help needed quick!
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Help needed quick!
Hello Everyone,

Drove the car Levin coupe into work for the first time today as I put it on the road over Easter, I have the gay tiny speedbumps on the entrance to my industrial estate (the yellow and black ones) I didn't really think they would be much of a problem but i still went over them pretty slowly as my car is pretty low, I noticed a bang pretty much straight away after my front wheels clearing them.

I S**T myself a little bit as I thought the only thing it could be was my sump so I have had a look at it in the car park and noticed a really slight inward bend in the centre of the sump! is this always there and am I being paranoid? If not is their a risk that when I start it the oil wont get collected now and I seize my engine? (I have heard of this happening on S13's?)

This is killing me now as I have the Zenki lip on the front of my car and thats a tiny bit lower than the sump so surely if that cleared it so should of my sump? I know I have no gas in my drivers side coilover and am hoping the noise was relevant to that!

Cheers for the help, Once I know its not shagged I will have another go on the speedbumps to see if I can figure out what it was!
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Help needed quick!
Just realised there is an Oil pressure gauge next to my temp gauge, started it up and the pressure built up fine! So I would assume all is okay there, although I'm still stumped by what could be hitting the bump!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help needed totta Crolla 3 3,283 05-15-2020 10:07 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Some wiring help needed DJexor 5 4,730 05-18-2019 01:50 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  Help needed: is it 1 way or 1.5way LSD Dino86 2 3,217 05-17-2019 09:08 AM
Last Post: Ivan141
  4age hitting gas too quick means engine stalls - what is the issue? Ryo 20 25,649 06-27-2018 11:15 PM
Last Post: Ryo
  Quaife quick rack totta Crolla 19 18,960 03-03-2018 03:32 PM
Last Post: Deuce Cam