Hello from The Netherlands
10-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Well, have you been busy contacting danish guys yet? If Johan doesnt buy the black hatchback thats in the sell forum you might consider buying it. Johan was going to look at it so he could fill you in on the state of the car if he decides not to buy it.

You really have to be fast if you want to buy a hatchback, even in denmark where there are lots of them (relatively) they sell fast.

If you would settle for a coupe things would become less complicated., though still not what you might call easy.

Maybe importing a japanese hatchback that has a lot of work done to it already is a better option for you. It will save you money on parts and you wont have to go on a road trip to get it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Well, have you been busy contacting danish guys yet? If Johan doesnt buy the black hatchback thats in the sell forum you might consider buying it. Johan was going to look at it so he could fill you in on the state of the car if he decides not to buy it.

You really have to be fast if you want to buy a hatchback, even in denmark where there are lots of them (relatively) they sell fast.

If you would settle for a coupe things would become less complicated., though still not what you might call easy.

Maybe importing a japanese hatchback that has a lot of work done to it already is a better option for you. It will save you money on parts and you wont have to go on a road trip to get it.

I have also considered the Japanese route, I have some contacts there that can help me.
The only thing that bugs me is the right hand drive steering. What do you think a LHD conversion would cost?
The mat black hatchback looks a bit too rough for the price they are asking for it IMO, but I might be wrong.
Find all posts by this user
10-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Better get used to the overpricing...especially on hatchbacks.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Better get used to the overpricing...especially on hatchbacks.

Yeah, you've got a point there Sad
But we're still Dutch :wink:
10-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Try explaining that to the danish sellers, or portuguese for that matter Confused
RHD has it's advantages, I think mux summed them up pretty well in a recent post. Especially for track driving it would be nice to sit on the inside on most corners.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Try explaining that to the danish sellers, or portuguese for that matter Confused
RHD has it's advantages, I think mux summed them up pretty well in a recent post. Especially for track driving it would be nice to sit on the inside on most corners.

That is true, but getting into parking garages will not be too easy.
I would still prefer LHD.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KE70 from the Netherlands DarkSupra 6 7,117 03-19-2013 01:27 AM
Last Post: zenki
  New from the Netherlands tomtom 9 8,533 11-28-2011 09:20 PM
Last Post: tomtom
  Hello hello from Brunei!!! :cheer: berryred 2 4,233 04-28-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  hello hello! Chapstick 5 5,681 05-31-2010 10:09 PM
Last Post: banpei