Hello from Denmark
09-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Hello from Denmark
I think it is only right to say hello her in the new members area :-)

I am a 22 year old dude from Denmark, who became the owner of my Corolla Coupé nearly a year ago. Before that, I was owner of yet another Coupé, and that one I also owned for a years time or so, before I sold it without licence plates. It was a bit rusty, and I didn´t had the time to fix it, so I bought my black AE86 instead. At first it was only the intension to use it for spare parts to my blue Coupé, but the outer caracasse was in fairly good shape, so I made it my new car instead, and sold the blue one.

I have done quite a bit in tuning the 4AGE engine in different ways, but only N/A tuning. First project was 45mm Weber carbs, which was modded to serve as T/B's instead. These I mounted, along with a set of 304degrees TRD cams, and a piggyback computer, and larger injectors from the old Supra. The results was 162HP at 8447rpm's and 142NM around 6000rpm's.
This was okey, but the bottom end torque was too poor compared to stock engine.

The next project was a portet head with higher compression and reprofiled stock cams, to be 279degrees. Again I mounted the 45mm T/B's... the result were positive.. VERY agressive engine, but this time I - as stupid as I was - used stock injectors, and that is NOT a good idea when trying to reach top speed. At the same time my water heat gauge didn´t work, so the engine kind of died.. so I never found out how much power and torque this setting made.. but with the right injectors and a reprogrammable computer, I believe this could be a serious gain in both HP / NM

Now I´m running stock again but with 232degrees cams from the 140HP 4AGE engine, and I still have the T/B's and a Apexi box to finetune the fuel and air flow.
Furthermore I have a complete coilover kit which comes from a rally Coupé. Two black leather racing seats. Big 17X10" Brock B1 rims for show and normal driving, and small 13X6" Compomotive rims for race.

The car though isn´t running anywhere right now, I´m in the middle of a serious rebuilding of the car frame and bottom, it has a major rust problem. If it can´t pay up to rebuild it, then I will sell the car in pieces and save money to buy a 100% rust free AE86 next spring. But I hope I´ll keep this one :roll:

I also own a Toyota Starlet EP70. Funny little car, but not so fast at all Crying

It´s no dejavu, I just outran you twice!
Find all posts by this user
09-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Hello from Denmark
100% rust free AE86's....now those are VERY difficult to find. Great to find out you have so much experience with NA tuning of the 4age. Like most people I myself crave for more horsepower, though I realise perfectly well that i would probably get bored with the extra ponies quite fast. Your second engine (the one that got killed due to running lean) sounds particularly interesting. How and where do you get your stock cams reprofiled? I have a set to spare, so if I can get 272 degree or more from the stock cams that would be interesting.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Hello from Denmark
You DONT believe this. This monday, some IDIOT lady driver banged into my little Starlet, when she was turning left. She turned too much and didn´t had her eyes where they should be, so her left front hit my left front. My car is totalled. Angry but the GOOD news is that I will recieve about 2000 EURO in compensation. The car cost me 400 EURO Cool

09-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Hello from Denmark
As for the reprofiling. Here in Denmark we have a tune shop, they most concentrate on track racing, but also perform tasks for private people. They don´t have a web site og e-mail. The tricks is that they grind some material of the back of the cam, and in that way the degrees will change. But they have all the newest equipment to do so, so don´t try this at home Cool

09-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello from Denmark
Do you have to use different sized bearings to use those reground cams? I think I have an idea of how they do it, but that would make bearings with smaller inside diameter necessary.
Shame about your starlet, but with that amount of compensation you can buy a real car to replace it (say...an ae86 Wink) I could buy 10 volvo's 360 for that!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Hello from Denmark
Oops I forgot to mention, they also need to modify the original shim bearings, so they can compensate for the larger space between the shim and the cam.

09-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Hello from Denmark
Carsten - Use that money wisely and replace your EP70 with a proper Starlet!! I'd love a KP61 with AE86 running gear and a 4AG.....
09-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Hello from Denmark
20vWill Wrote:Carsten - Use that money wisely and replace your EP70 with a proper Starlet!! I'd love a KP61 with AE86 running gear and a 4AG.....
I agree, the KP61 is an awesome car, but its getting harder to find in a decent condition Sad Im actually considering to find one and drive it while I get the 86 back in shape Tongue

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Hello from Denmark]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New AE86 from Denmark Vaptor 5 5,530 10-01-2012 08:34 AM
Last Post: Vaptor
  Hello hello from Brunei!!! :cheer: berryred 2 4,259 04-28-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  hello hello! Chapstick 5 5,711 05-31-2010 10:09 PM