Hello
02-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Hello
Good evening, my name is Alistair I'm from Yorkshire/England

Been into the old rwd fords for a long time,i currently have a Talbot sunbeam but that's getting sold and I'm looking at finding a AE86

Not sure if I want a coupe or saloon ? whats the more sort after ?

I have my eye on a couple and a very nice one that's still in japan but I'm guessing its probably going to be to expensive.

Max budget is 10k,would like one that's already been modified a little.

Are there some companys that sell some nice parts for these in the uk ?

Thanks Al
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Hello
Hi Al,

Moving from a Talbot Sunbeam to an AE86, I can appreciate your taste in cars Smile.. done anything interesting to the talbot? Their cool little cars, but I'd expect the Lotus one is the only one that's much fun with the original engine in.

As far as 86's go the hatchback is the most popular model (due to looks and initial D), so if your importing that would probably be the sensible choice with resale value in mind. Coupe chassis is a little stiffer but not by a lot. In the end it's down to your personal preference.

As far as buying modified cars: try finding one that isn't modified in some way (very difficult indeed). Thing is you need to look out that the modifications have been done properly, many a
modified car I've seen over the years has been botched together by some incompetent nincompoop so buyer beware.

Parts should not be a problem.. GRP4 fabrications & driftworks do some parts in the UK, then there is MCN in Ireland and some others I have surely forgot to mention. There is plenty to be found on the internet around the globe. Original parts are harder to get a hold of.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Hello
Welcome to the forum Smile

Also worth checking out is FLOS.IE, Fensport, C Bradley Motorsport and worth looking further afield - Techno Toy Tuning in California are pretty unbeatable for their selection of suspension components.
03-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Hello
Thanks for the welcome Smile
03-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Hello
Welcome along, I'd recommend FLOS! Also, contact me for new genuine Toyota parts. I work in a garage in Ireland. I'd also look over here for cars, or at your budget you could easily import - try jdmauctionwatch Smile
03-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Hello
Welcome!
I would recommend a Trueno Coupe or if Hatch the Levin. In my eyes those are the ones to get.

DonĀ“t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
03-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Hello
What is it like for getting panels like sills wings etc?

ps whos in charge here ive not had a email yet to comfirm my account
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Hello
It's pretty difficult to find body panels.. quarter panels are almost impossible to find, imitation panels are also very rare.
Luckily it's an 80's econobox with mostly straight lines so you can get sills bent up by a metal shop.
Fibreglass/carbon wings and other stuff are easier to find.

I can activate your account for you.. just need to lookup the link and I'll get it done.
We're a bit slow with activating new accounts at the moment, just so you know it's not personal Wink

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Hello
That's okay

I notice when I search on uk ebay, there is nothing but about 3 cars, no parts no book ect
03-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Hello
Ah I searched corolla rwd and now items appear Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello hello from Brunei!!! :cheer: berryred 2 4,267 04-28-2011 09:36 PM
Last Post: banpei
  hello hello! Chapstick 5 5,726 05-31-2010 10:09 PM
Last Post: banpei