Headlight glass
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Headlight glass
I've had a little accident with my hachi. Sad
Both front headlight glasses are bust...

Does anyone know were I can find replacement glasses??

Toyota dealer doesn't sale the glass apart, only as a complete headlight for 115euro ex. vat. $_$
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Headlight glass
Got the glass for the left light lying around here, can have that one if you want...

What happened anyways...? Huh

E30 - Daily Driver
AE86 - Moneypit
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Headlight glass
I do have spare lights but those have RHD glasses... I dont know if it would be a problem with MOT. Confused

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Headlight glass]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Headlight glass
It was stupid...I was on a 80km road. But everybody was doing 50 so I was riding along..bit bored and looking around.... And apparently just when I looked away for a second or two the guy in front of me went full on the brakes as he saw at the last moment that the truck in front of him was standing still on the road. He wasn't paying attention as well because he was talking with his passenger.

I went full on the brakes...but couldn't stop in time and rear ended him. He's damage was just a dent in the rear bumper.

Mine on the other hand was much more... busted lights and grill, bent hood, bent bumper supports and a bent radiator support.

I really felt like kicking myself at the time!! ARGH!! Angry
I was lucky that I unscrewed the bumper from the fenders (because it was rubbing against the wheels) so the fenders were saved. Otherwise they would have been bent just like the hood. phew..

The good thing is that it's only exterior damage.

The car/engine are all good. Smile

@Blackmane. Only left..hmm...that's a start I guess. speak to you on msn!
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Headlight glass
DAMN!

Will you repair the hood, or get a new fiberglass or carbonfibre one?
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Headlight glass
At the moment I'm going with the cheapest possible option. That being just denting out the hood and make sure it won't rust where the paint let off.

Didn't you have an accident like this aswell? I remember something like that being posted a while ago.
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Headlight glass
That sucks man, still have some primer left if you need to spray the part where the paint is gone...

E30 - Daily Driver
AE86 - Moneypit
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Headlight glass
Yes i had an accident, but mine looks a little worse then yours. Bonnet, both fenders, both headlights with cornerlights, bumper etc,... everything was broken....
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Headlight glass
If you want to replace glass only - try EE80 ones.
Will work for Zenki Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Headlight glass
Damn, that sucks,

good luck on the repair!

I passed a similar accident on my way to work yesterday, but this time a 911 that didn't stop intime, it had just wedged itself underneath a people carrier SUV, it kinda looked like the SUV just drove in reverse and had used the 911 as a ramp. Didn't look to damaged either eventhough the SUV was halfway the front hood Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone got headlight mattfr33 2 3,580 09-27-2007 11:37 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  Trueno Headlight Mechnisms matt mead 3 4,003 07-11-2006 05:54 AM
Last Post: matt mead