Green Frog project updated with pics 2006-01-05
01-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Its not my bussiness, but in a way it is since you 're bublishing here.

I understand that it was a bad surprise for you to think that you have a nice car and turns out to have rust on it.

BUT, I have to remind you that basically we dont know each other in here.

Worldwide it's BUYERS responsibillity to check the product!
Especially when someone spents money for a large thing as a car is.

If I couldnt check the car I wouldnt buy it. That of course unless I have realized that i get it for very low money.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Green Frog project updated ...2006-01-05] http://www.jdmbits.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
nmwisima Wrote:That of course unless I have realized that i get it for very low money.
And from what I understand: that's exactly the case here. Ryo bought it very cheap, and so did Legend. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Green Frog project updated ...2006-01-05]
01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Í bought the car for 800 Euro from Ryo + I paid some money for the papers. So I got it pretty cheap the only thing i was uppset about was that I was told there were no rost accept a little hole in the treshhold. That was not really true as you see on the pics. The hole treshold is rusted on both sides I could push my finger threw all three of the thresholds and that means a lot of rust. Then when Ryo tought I was selling the car he wrote that the car had gone more then 100000 KM as he told me it had then I got uppset cause that means he didnt say it on purpose and what more he wrote. But as I said before im not mad I bought the car and normally I wouldnt have bought it if it wasnt that Ive travelled so far.
The wors part of it is beams above the tank cause there are nothing left of them, so I maid a wisit to Toyota but they couldnt get the beams for me so if you know where I can by these beams pls tell me cause or else I have to make them myself. It wouldnt be a problem if they were straight but they arent thats the hard part. After I fixed the rust Im gonna do the MOT here in sweden after that theres gonna be new fenders new interior new paint and Ive got a redtop waiting for me and im gonna turbo konvert the bluetop gonna go and check out 2 gearboxes next week and new pics coming soon.

And I say this again Im not Mad at RYO I could have checked out the car more and I shouldnt have been so thrust worthy but like I said not RYOs fault and I will still talk to him and I will still help him if I can but wouldnt buy a car of him again Smile

So im gonna make this car drivable again and with new paint then my sister is in Japan now so im trying to get her to get me an 20V engine but well se about that shes byuing some stuff for me there so we will see what I get.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Bloody hell, this car had some rust in it didnt it!

Still nothing to worry about! Nothing an angle grinder and welder wont fix! Oh and alot of waxoyl (rust preventer) afterwards! Thumbs up!

20valve rocks! Big Grin
01-20-2006, 09:59 PM
It seems that most guys who have fixed they rusted chassis beams under the trunk have made repair sections themselves. One of them is pretty far gone on my car as well so I might check if toyota can get it for me. Somehow they usually manage to find me the part I need in the end.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
legend Wrote:And I say this again Im not Mad at RYO I could have checked out the car more and I shouldnt have been so thrust worthy but like I said not RYOs fault and I will still talk to him and I will still help him if I can but wouldnt buy a car of him again Smile
Good to get this cleared up. Smile

Quote:So im gonna make this car drivable again and with new paint then my sister is in Japan now so im trying to get her to get me an 20V engine but well se about that shes byuing some stuff for me there so we will see what I get.
Wow! Where can I find such a sister who will buy me a 20v? Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Green Frog project updated ...2006-01-05]
01-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Banpei: Shes gnna buy it for me but I thin ill have to pay for it myself.

Testfitted my home made treshhold today it looked really good goona tak some pics tomorrow.

Took of some of the plaster as I tought it was but most of it was epoxi glue so wit all the rust gone and the skirts and front andrear bumper gone and now most of the plaster I put it on the scale and ive lightened the car about 60KG and thats amasing even tough the front and rear bumper weigh in about 50kg (thats really heavy and its some home made bumpers with a construction in 7mm steel and epoxi isolation)

really guys I haventlaughed so hard in a while as me and my friend did when we were taking this car apart. The front fenders were glued on most of the wiring is taped togheter man they even glued on the the side blinkers gotta get you some pics.

I asked at toyota for the beams he told me they couldnt get em but he tought some aftermarket dealer maybe could have them cant find anyone tough so I think I will make em myself ill post pics of my threshholds anyway so you can see them maybe some more rust pics if youre lucky Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam's white, rusty levin...updated 23-09-2018!! adomz 150 136,880 09-23-2018 05:14 PM
Last Post: adomz
  RT's Levin from Azores (1st post updated 2015) RT 66 76,041 08-07-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86 RESTAURACION FROM GUATEMALA SWAP 3SGTE updated Jan-2011 CIVER 44 68,128 03-09-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: RT
  My AE (updated 09/14/11) MrAE86 11 16,558 09-14-2011 10:29 PM
Last Post: MrAE86
  my tureno(trueno) project...part 2(MORE PICS) FiShLeGs 20 18,811 11-12-2009 01:39 PM
Last Post: Petros AE86