Pics from my rusty ae86
01-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Pics from my rusty ae86
Here's a few pics of my car.
I never see an ae86 with plastic edges on the fenders as on my car. Is there a reason for this?
Does anybody has a spare protection plate(between spare wheel and exhaustpipe).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
01-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Pics from my rusty ae86
The reason you dont see the plastic trimming very often is because they only came on late model ae86's. Most people take them off because they are like rust magnets for your fenders.

BTW, was that pic of the framerail taken under the fueltank? My car is a bit rusty there to. You can have the rusted corners fixed with some welding effort, it will probably come back one day, but it lasts at least a couple of years if you coat it properly.
The frame is something I have to face myself one day. The bottom of my car was coated, but around the fuel tank they didnt spray everything.
I'm thinking of stripping off the fueltank and other stuff in the way and just having it sandblasted and coated when I have the time and money (read: in the distant future).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Pics from my rusty ae86
I have the plastic trim as well. Fortunately very little rust there, thanks to Greek weather Smile
01-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Pics from my rusty ae86
Sorry, I used a new topic in stead of a post reply to answer. (see rusty ae86)
About the new set of spare plug cables. What do they cost, and are there options?

Inserted by Evil Admin #1 (banpei)
Old post:
The picture from the framerail was taken on exhaustpipe side.
I was planning to use dodos way of welding it but dont know if technical control in Belgium will like this.
BTW, does anybody can give me advise on my rims. I want to put on tesame ones. The ones are on now are damaged.
I also need a new set of spare plug cables.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another rusty old carina. roman 8 15,288 08-20-2007 12:56 PM
Last Post: roman
  rusty ae86 Herman 1 3,429 01-27-2005 01:27 PM
Last Post: Herman