Going to HK:)
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
I'll be sure to have my camera readySmile

I need to remember to wear clothes with BIG pockets Wink j/k

Less then 15 hours before my flight leaves....

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Mux: If I don't see you online tomorrow (which I can understand), have a good flight. Smile
And don't forget the flywheel for Ivan. You can still stick it under your shirt, so it won't be counted as (hand)luggage. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Going to HK:)]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2006, 07:45 AM
MFactory Wrote:All prices on our site include shipping Wink

Huh You're telling me that we can get them here in europe for 260 shipped? That is a nice price..

BTW, I havent see you in the sellers section yet, why not introduce yourself in your own thread (ask banpei for permissions to the commercial section). You can promote your business there if you want, we actually encourage it..

I'll try not to go offtopic anymore in this thread then...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-02-2006, 12:47 PM
think i will be back visiting family and friends in Oct. how long are you stay there Mux213??

i'm sure will pop down to your shop Mei Fung, think i know exactly where you are. it's not far from Ka Lok, just round the corner from Kwong Wah. Thumbs up!

LONG LIVE TOYOTA!!
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:
MFactory Wrote:All prices on our site include shipping Wink

Huh You're telling me that we can get them here in europe for 260 shipped? That is a nice price..

BTW, I havent see you in the sellers section yet, why not introduce yourself in your own thread (ask banpei for permissions to the commercial section). You can promote your business there if you want, we actually encourage it..

I'll try not to go offtopic anymore in this thread then...

Sorry, my mistake. The prices for the flywheels have been updated to include shipping (silly me, I forgot to add that! doh!). All other prices are fine Smile

Yep, banpei has already given me the relevant permissions. Just trying to find the time to make up an introductory post Smile

Patrick - MFactory Competition Products
THE Replacement for Displacement!
-- http://www.teammfactory.com --
06-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey guys,

finally looks like my inet connection is holding up here.. I was online over the weekend but then the PC here started crashing... I think its running alittle to hot..

Anyways, I might be in MongKok today but I am not sure, my bro in law might be driving us around but not sure about the time, need to take care of my visa for china and such so...

we'll see how time allows us today...

Owh Kenny, just here till the end of the month and last few days in china. Still thinking about going to Macau but not sure if its possible time and money wise...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

06-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Hey Mux,

if you can visit us today, that would be good as I'm packing up the shipment of AE86 parts to ship out, so as of tomorrow, I won't have anything left in stock at the office Sad

Give me a call if you are able to come visit Smile

Patrick - MFactory Competition Products
THE Replacement for Displacement!
-- http://www.teammfactory.com --
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Well as you know I made itSmile

Thanks for inviting me. Maybe nice for other readers to read, I was very close to mfactory's office it turned out while getting my visa for going to China. Problem was that I was woggling around having gotten blisters on my foot the day before but hey, no pain no gain. Not to mention that mongkok must be the hottest part of HongKong, I think I lost a few kilo's of sweat todaySmile

I was searching for a work shop or similar and was somewhat confused when I arrived at the place. 5th floor within a shop/office blok? Hmm no workshop there I'm sureSmile Arriving on the 5th floor we find ourselves in a nice office with a rack filled with goodies, loads of parts for several cars, some of the usual stuff you find in most tuning shops in one form of another (steering wheels, hubs, that sorta stuff) and some things less regularly found. On the ground were dozens of boxes and offcourse a computer in the corner with our forum running on it (well I'm actually lieing about that last forum bit partWink).

The confusion is quickly set right, the workshop and stuff is all in Taiwan, that's there they make all the goodies, in HongKong they just do the international business for several reasons all to booring to go into.

Anyways, mfactory couldn't wait to show me the goodies, he explains they mainly do Nissan and Subaru parts and do very well with them indeed but they also make a collection of AE86 parts, mainly suspention parts. The packages on the floor he was just about to put into boxes and send off to the UK to some known friends of ours at driftworks so they will be happy to know I inspected their stuff personallyWink Man I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera as usual.... Sad

First item that comes out of the box is one of the uniball adjustable 4 links. One of the smaller ones. Just looking at it makes me droolSmile Its hard for me to compare, I'm no expert in these matters, I've seen the uniball setup on TE71Corolla's Levin drift car but if I am not mistaken those are not adjustable length. They look and feel great though, they are solid, light and just look like they were expertly made which offcourse they are. I was definately impressed.

Next item on the list was on of the front controll arms (not completely sure about the name, I always mix it up, if I looked correctly its the bar that runs from the front of the car to the wishbone making sure it stays aligned). Again the same quality as the 4 links. Stock at the front you normally juse have the bar sandwitched between a couple of rubbers, this uniball setup just looks like it will do a much better job..

Last item for the show is a bit more substantial, at first I thought it was one of the longer 4 links but a nice panhard rod is produced. Uniballs at both ends, adjustable length if I am not mistaken, and again a great quality looking piece.

This stuff wont give you a more comfortable ride, It'll probably raise the road noice by alot, but its a killer system on race and drift carsSmile

After these formalities were done we'd started just talking about loads of things, I was surprised to hear about the racing and drifting scene around here, it seems China is the place to be. I definately hope to learn more about it though I doubt i will have the chance to visit a drift event this month.

Also talking about loads of the other parts around the office gave some interesting stories, from some of the parts made for driftworks to the little magneting drain plugs. I definately want one of those so I may end up picking some up later this month (I left in a hurry because time was pressing and didn't get a chance.. awell).

Also R&Ps were discussed, it seems it is definately possible to start making these as they make similar gears for other cars, problem is volume. To make the price compatitive to what is in the market today enought people need to want them, so thats something that we'll need to look at.

I'm sure more products for the hachi roku are possible in the futureSmile

Anyways, I really had a nice afternoon so thanks again for the invite!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
mux213, bet you love the a/c more than anything when you over there. it's a shame you only stay till the end of the month. but it should be enough time for you to visit every tuning shop in HK.

those parts you mention above are going to my car for testing and pictures which included 4 links + panhard rod, tension rod and trackion bracket. i believe they all have rose joint at both end. therefore it will be soild as rock.

let me know if you want to visit my friend's TRD shop over in Hong Kong Island. i will call him and explain who you are and will expect your visit. it's has a small shop front with a few of the items in display like gear nobs, stickers, clothes...... etc. i am afraid won't have any ae86 bit in stock, everything he need to order in for me. but some parts if share with other Toyota like a theremostate or gear nob should be in stock.

LONG LIVE TOYOTA!!
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Kenny,

I wish I could go to every tuning shop but since I am here for my wife's brothers wedding other interests come into play. For my wife it was demanding enough to go to mFactory's place because for her it is sooooo booring.

Right now though I am not doing much walking at all, got a big blister on my foot and it hurts like hell.....

Anyways, cool to hear the goods are going on your car, I think you will be very pleased with it. It looks top notch and like you said, it will make that car as solid as can be. Looking forward to the picturesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij