Germany AE86 CA18DET project
11-13-2009, 12:20 AM
nice car, and nice advans!! looks good at a ae86 ... nice wheels, dont see them that much on the hachi's

http://bruutt.blogspot.nl/
Projects: Lancer evo 4 rs, ae86 drifter, carina ta60 4a-ge & ae82gt twin cam..
Find all posts by this user
11-13-2009, 10:52 AM
ragenasian Wrote:Not to worried about stick position at this point. Already cut the hole for it and got it all mounted up.

How will you handle the e-brake? Thats one of my biggest irritations on my car, even when shortened it can interfere with the shifter.

ragenasian Wrote:I have had 4 Nissan S13's all with the Ca and with an exhaust, intake, and FMIC it was just fine and I was quite happy with its performance. I know the Ca's pretty good.
My point was not about power Smile plenty of that..just that with a large exhaust you can expect boost creep up to 0.9-1.0 bar. No problem if you are already compensating for fuelling.

ragenasian Wrote:I know a guy who had a CA on the stock rear end and it held up fine.
Rear end still going strong...despite pinion angle being out of whack for a loooong time.

Cool car dude, but the civic takes the cakeSmile

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome here.

If you don't want to know if they are VW flares or not then I won't tell you Thumbs up! HA HA Hopefully I can get the supercharged motor in it soon. Looking at about 170HP in the Wagon. Right now it is sitting on 16x10 and 16x9 Steffan wheels, Tein TYPE HA suspension, will also be fabbing up a custom exhaust for this one as well.

Nohachi:

As for the ebrake I was thinking of removing the stock one and going with a hydraulic one or maybe fabbing up another handle to maybe work with the stock setup. Not too sure yet but I know it is going to have to be remedied before the car is driven. Going to see how it works out when the short shifter gets here. Maybe then I will have some more ideas of how it is going to work. There was even the idea of cutting out the original ebrake and rewelding it a bit more towards the passenger side. Again won't really know until I get a shifter in it.
01-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Even though those Advan A3A's are only 13x6 (just wider than OEM and probably the smallest wheels in your collection Wink )
I just love them! Tongue

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Germany AE86 CA18DET project]
RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式
03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Small updates. Got a little powder coating done (helps when you can do your own powdercoating), and made my own top mount manifold because I was having too many problems trying to fab a downpipe and clear the steering. This now sits the turbo farther forward and will give me plenty of room for the downpipe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  86er Levin Hatch from Germany ArToAE86 19 15,153 01-24-2018 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArToAE86
  AE86 @CA18DET Menti 30 28,534 08-19-2007 12:54 AM
Last Post: drifthachi