GZE swap or N/A tuning
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
GZE swap or N/A tuning
You will also need a rising rate adjustable fuel pressure regulator, due to the SC engine runing at a higher flow rate but less return line pressure.

With a 'power boost valve', what you need to do is get it setup on the rolling road to get that right. Is essential as it was costing me 15bhp when I initially had my conversion done.

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
GZE swap or N/A tuning
Wow! okay thanks all! Super good feedback.

What about drifting with it? Stock - and with Big Pulley kit as I probably only want to go around 170/180 bhp.

I dont want to go too far with it - I wanna enjoy it and drift with it - and hold it as a daily drive as well.
Thanks.

PS/ EDIT : : : I mailed the person from JDM parts.eu - nobody in the netherlands or germany or something has a good GZE - JDM parts didnt have it - the only one I know who has some is Ad from Groundspeed.nl

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2011, 07:28 PM
GZE swap or N/A tuning
Well, the good thing about an SC is that it's a lot more responsive than a turbo. It is not quite as responsive as an NA, but with the roots type blower, there is instant torque, so would drift well.

I had a modded AE92 DLI SC engine in my MR2 with an LSD and you could slide that pretty well, but obviously an AE86 is far, far better than an MR2 in this respect. You'll have to watch it in the wet though because when the SC engages it's going to go sideways very easily indeed. Which is good/bad depending upon how you look at it. Wink

1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
2013 GT86 Miltek Exhaust, Injen Induction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
GZE swap or N/A tuning
Lauren Wrote:Well, the good thing about an SC is that it's a lot more responsive than a turbo. It is not quite as responsive as an NA, but with the roots type blower, there is instant torque, so would drift well.

I had a modded AE92 DLI SC engine in my MR2 with an LSD and you could slide that pretty well, but obviously an AE86 is far, far better than an MR2 in this respect. You'll have to watch it in the wet though because when the SC engages it's going to go sideways very easily indeed. Which is good/bad depending upon how you look at it. Wink

Its funny you mention that last bit...

Its unbelievable that my AE86 has sooooo much grip in the dry!!!
Proof of that is that I won 1st place (2x from the whole from 2 tracks).
Yet when I drove home it started to rain... I was coming up from a highway road piece and I had it in third gear and just let it roll out... very low rpm's and still it wanted to go sideways when I gently pushed the throttle...

My friend and I where laughing because I know how dangerous my car can get in the rain... yet when its dry its a grip monster :S unbelievable Tongue

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecu ROM tuning Alex170984 4 5,322 10-13-2013 08:03 AM
Last Post: Apsogos
  DLI GZE no spark 4agetercel 5 6,603 02-01-2013 07:05 PM
Last Post: 4agetercel
  Need help (4ac engine tuning) fullybuiltmiata 3 5,871 08-20-2012 09:25 PM
Last Post: banpei
  GZE Swop with PAS & AC Lauren 12 12,550 02-16-2012 01:04 PM
Last Post: heshan