GT4 challenge?
11-02-2005, 01:40 AM
GT4 challenge?
well mostly in chicanes you can drive esily at least w/ half of the car on the grass... the most profitable is the slow chicane in 2nd, somewhere on the 1/3rd of the track. you just try to keep up the speed and dash over the greens Wink

when trying to use theese tricks you have to really be careful, because if the speed is to hi, or the curb is to harsh it will send you flying.. so its not really consistent unless you really know your stuff..

ill try to make some vids tommorov..
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2005, 08:18 AM
GT4 challenge?
dammit, what's wrong with me! i damaged my BMW @ swedenkreuz. So i think i should be able to find that corner very easy. I'm 100% sure i would in real life. But in GT4 i seem to miss it. Would any one of you be so kind to post a picture of swedenkreuz, or a small video with a few sec before, and after the corner?

thanks a lot!

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
11-02-2005, 11:23 AM
GT4 challenge?
@NoHachi: 06:02:999 Hurray! And there's room for more, although it will take the perfect lap (hours of practice). I will try tomorrow. I had two exits, but the armco saved my ass. One was Exmuhle and the other Angst Kurve. I was lucky to continue, but I consider that cheating, so I'll keep trying for the perfect lap Wave

Also, I did find out about Flugplatz. The car will let you get away with murder in that one. I can't imagine anyone (except maybe HJ Stuck) taking that one IRL like we do in the game.

I manged to take Karussell almost perfectly and I improved a lot in the section until the Brunchen curves.

Sorry about the pic. It's taken from my video camera, so quality is ....

@Apolan: For me, there is really no point in looking for shortcuts. The whole idea behind this game is to try and look at it as if it's the real thing. Again, my opinion! Smile

@senna: Look at this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-02-2005, 03:44 PM
GT4 challenge?
lots of this stuff can be done in real life too; it would be just kick-ass to see someone doing takumi-gutter-techniques on the ring. Smile
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
GT4 challenge?
It would be coo if there was a gutter :wink:

Have you seen Hans Joachim Stuck drive the Ring in the M3 GTR? If not, I suggest you do. It is practically flawless.
11-02-2005, 06:38 PM
GT4 challenge?
ill have a looksie..

btw, i dont have to be gutter run.. there are other "initial d" techniques to master.. some actually work on some places..

if anyone remembers deep forest raceway from GT3. it was a bit different than in gt4. aftere the second tunel there is a very light s curve and than into long-downhill-lefthander. and the apex of the cornerr was actually covered w/ bushes and trees so there was a whole car width of track hidden.. but you could go through the bushes /just like in ID, and cut alot of time.. i usually drifted there (its a downhill corner, so you can keep the speed up). i was usually overtaking zondas, porsches, skylines etc in this corner w/ my hachi or fc.. sideways. :wink:
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
GT4 challenge?
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - GT4 challenge?]

well i knew i had it in me.. but there is still more room. i went off the track twice (at the tight chicane, and at the "miss-hit-miss" corner - which i usually do great). there was no cheating. =)

i think sub 7:30 is possible w/ a near perfect run.

i also made a movie, its quality is compromised, but i managed to put it in a bit more than 20 MB. if anyone knows a place i could upload, i would gladly do it.

đana.
11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
GT4 challenge?
Try http://www.rapidshare.de
11-03-2005, 08:05 PM
GT4 challenge?
great! so there you go!

http://rapidshare.de/files/7142150/R1_ri...4.WMV.html

21 mb, duration some 8 minutes.. Amuse R1 @ Nür 7:34.
11-04-2005, 02:44 PM
GT4 challenge?
Cool video Apolan!
The 2 off track excursions (first is at Adenauer-Forst, second is not Miss-hit-miss, but Bergwerk) have cost you easy sub-7:30 time. Especially the second turn (Bergwerk) is considered to be the "key to getting fast lap times on the Ring", because its followed by the big uphill section. That means that unless you're driving a 500hp car, meassing this up really hogs your time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  couple of drift videos GT4 Apolan 15 17,104 05-08-2005 02:29 AM
Last Post: Apolan
  gt4 drift settings???? zeetee 2 7,671 04-17-2005 04:00 PM
Last Post: robokill
  GT4 is out! ZaX 29 29,779 04-12-2005 02:56 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  GT4 Released today! Widar 31 31,012 03-20-2005 09:02 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  GT4 cars ZaX 13 18,106 12-29-2004 03:19 PM