GT4 challenge?
11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
GT4 challenge?
I just did 1.41 and something w/ stock R1 and sport-soft tires. i could have easily gone some 5 seconds faster.. still a lot of room to ga fastere. but thats how nur is.. sometimes you go faste as hell through some sections but there's still a lot of asphalt left to fuck the time up..

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - GT4 challenge?]
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - GT4 challenge?]

are we supposed to go on sports-medium tires???
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
GT4 challenge?
No, you can use the softest available for the car in arcademode and you can also add the 20% extra power and subtract the 10% in weight.

7:41 looks pretty fast btw Smile
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
GT4 challenge?
so drift is faster than grip :wink:
11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
GT4 challenge?
@Apolan: nice time! Looking at my best sector times, a sub40 sec lap should be possible. And indeed with the R1 its drifting all the way!

@Dorito: There are a few points where we can learn from each other. Flugplatz is flatout, no lifting or anything. The only way to do this is to stay as far to the left side of the track before the jump. Any deviation from this and the car will get unsettled after the jump, making turn-in impossible.
Basically everything from Hocheichen untill Aremberg is flat out.

I never tried the first lefthander after Fuchsrohre flatout. I'll have to try that, thanks! I do know that you have to go over the curbstones there.

Miss-hitt-miss is not that difficult, could probably shave some time there though.

I still use automatic mode all the time, so I lose quite some time with wheelspin.

The thing I like about the nordschleiffe is that it is impossible to drive with the traction and stability controlls on. You really need to set car up with slight drifts for a fast time.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
GT4 challenge?
Flug platz is the first jump after initial downhill right? whenever i tried to go to the far left b4 a jump, the car jumped sideways, and after landing the inertia set my car into a spin.. so i usually go almost in the middle, and a little throttle cut into the right, just to turn the car better. than its all full throttle until the fast lefthander b4 the hard right in 2nd. sorry i dont know the names.

i use Driving force pro (900' degs), no assists, manual.. after 4 or so months i got the hang of it so i feel quite at home w/ DFP. tnx to all that drifting hehe.

and people who say gt4 cant be drifted are just not trying hard enough. and i know it is really depressing after trying soo hard, and you cant get the car to go as you wish.. practise does wonders.

i will attempt 7:35 w/ r1 tommorow.
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
GT4 challenge?
I think you misread my last sentence apolan. R1 is dorifto all the way.

Flugplatz in the R1 is flatout, that already should win you a couple of seconds. Good luck, and don't forget to save a replay. Me is very curious.

11-02-2005, 12:46 AM
GT4 challenge?
no no, that thing i wrote about drifting in gt4 has nothing to do w/ your post.. its just that im hearing a lot of shit about drifting in gt4.. not here though.. so i just mentioned that it is just fine when you get the hang of it..

ill try a lap now.. ill see what i can do..
11-02-2005, 01:22 AM
GT4 challenge?
oaky tried the flug plads in 5th all out.. work perfectly Smile it soo much faster.. i think i shaved of a second there easily..

i havent broken the recod though.. what happened? my screen saver happened thats what.. god dammit.. in the 5th minute of my hot lap the screensaver kicked in, (i play via TV tuner) making me blind for an instand... which was quite enough to send my pretty r1 into the guard rail..

tomorrow is a new day. =)

ps: can i do shortcuts? coz on some places you can win more than a second w/ doing some grass driving :wink:

the time 7:41 is w/o the dirty tricks. so its all legit. Smile
11-02-2005, 01:23 AM
GT4 challenge?
my god, what kind of typing was that. Big Grin
11-02-2005, 01:28 AM
GT4 challenge?
Sorry don't know any shortcuts. I try and drive the same lines that I would in real life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  couple of drift videos GT4 Apolan 15 17,039 05-08-2005 02:29 AM
Last Post: Apolan
  gt4 drift settings???? zeetee 2 7,646 04-17-2005 04:00 PM
Last Post: robokill
  GT4 is out! ZaX 29 29,683 04-12-2005 02:56 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  GT4 Released today! Widar 31 30,845 03-20-2005 09:02 PM