GT4 challenge?
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
GT4 challenge?
I think it is easier to just use the cars that are available std in the arcade mode. Better even to just forget about different cars etc, but to just aim at fastest outright laptimes. Run whatever you want.
That way you reduce the number of possible combinations drastically.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
GT4 challenge?
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

I was running a lap of the nordschleiffe earlier, with a split time that was 15 seconds faster then my previous lap of 6:08...that is ALWAYS the time you crash out at the end of the lap..damn frustrating!

PS managed to shave one second of of my laptime. New best is 6'04.245. Still have an off track excursion in that lap and the Hatzenbach section went very poorly.
Fastest lap in a bone stock Amuse R1: 7'44.15

11-01-2005, 12:03 AM
GT4 challenge?
@Nohachi: How about Swedenkreuz, what line do you take there in the game?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
GT4 challenge?
After reading this thread I cleaned the dust of my PS2 and booted up GT4 just to be curious what time i would drive in an stock amuse s2000 r1 on the nordschleife. I first drove 9.02 and my second lap was 8.35, not too bad I think.(my target is beating Nohachi`s 7.44 now Evil )

This is what makes this online challenge interesting,you`re racing against other people.

I was thinking,maybe we could make a few challenges?
-marking the fastest lap on the nordschleife in arcade mode,any car allowed
-driving the fastest lap on tsukuba with a hachi with standard power and tires but with all other options allowed.

Maybe 3 challenges are enough to bring some fun variation in it if youre getting tired of slamming in the wall halfway the nordschleife so you have to start over again to get a supertime.

Maybe someone else also has suggestions, I´m going to watch best motoring international 26 Respect! now on the xbox :wink:

Real men race downhill
11-01-2005, 01:51 AM
GT4 challenge?
i'm all for tsukuba but as for nordschleife..i hate that track Banging head
11-01-2005, 10:08 AM
GT4 challenge?
@Senna, I try and take the scuderia line. Its not that hard a corner in the Astra, but taking it full throttle in the S2000 is a challenge. In the astra its flat out, with the S2000 i usually blip the brakes for just a fraction of a second to get the car to turn in.
The real challenge for me is consistently going flat out through flugplatz. In the Astra there is only one line that allows you to do that.

@Wouter, i'll try and drive the hachi @ tsukuba. I haven't really played the game yet, so I'm stuck with a stock car probably. Doesn't matter, I'll see what i can manage.

@Mr.Monster: How can you hate that track! Its the single most beautifull piece of asphalt in the world.

11-01-2005, 12:25 PM
GT4 challenge?
Tried the Nordschleiffe-Astra DTM combo yesterday. I played for an hour, ended up with 6:09. I only have one small off-track (but bounced right back), but I'm slow on the technical part (after Karussel). I'll see if I can improve today.

I also lapped the Nissan R92CP in 5:35 with huge room for improvement. But it's really tiresome car to drive anywhere near thelimit in the narrow Nordschleiffe, esp the technical part.
11-01-2005, 01:15 PM
GT4 challenge?
Nordschleife is so great because there always is room for improvement. w/ so many different cornerrs and many of these corners having multiple racing lines. some are faster for some cars, others may work better w/ different cars/setups.

and the technical part is sooo touge. =)
11-01-2005, 01:19 PM
GT4 challenge?
Wow Dorito, you're getting real fast real soon. I'm usually pretty good at the technical section, so I'm very curious to the lines you take in the other sections. usually its just a lot of very small improvements that add up.

11-01-2005, 01:50 PM
GT4 challenge?
NoHachi: I'm very good at the first part (until Flugplatz). I line up on the left, let off the gas (5th gear) to avoid take off and slam on the gas as soon as it settles. Then it's full throttle through Flugplatz (idealy without steering corrections) until Aremburg.
Then again full speed until Adenauer, line up to the right on the uphill, shift down to 5th, full throttle through the first left hander, shift to 4th pinch the brakes and go 70% throttle through the righthander (I think its Adenauer). Sometimes I mess up the first left and that can cost up to 10" or more if I spin.
Next tricky bit is Metzgesfeld, which I choose to take in less than 100% cause if you mess up on the exit, it's armco time.
The trickiest bit for me is Miss-Hit-Miss, which I have never taken properly (lack of steering wheel makes this nearly impossible.
Also important is Bergwerk, which can make a difference of 4-5" at the braking point for Steilstrecke.

The its the Karussell and my problems start Banging head

I use 2nd gear only twice for a second and that's at the entry of Wehrseifen and the entry of Karussell. Then it's immediately 3rd gear to avoid wheelspin at the exit.

I still fuck up a lot though, since I try to reach Karussell as fast as possible, knowing my weakness at the techynical part (I still haven't memorised all of it). I'll see what happens tonight. Maybe I'll set up the camera to video my runs, if that's at all possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  couple of drift videos GT4 Apolan 15 17,039 05-08-2005 02:29 AM
Last Post: Apolan
  gt4 drift settings???? zeetee 2 7,648 04-17-2005 04:00 PM
Last Post: robokill
  GT4 is out! ZaX 29 29,683 04-12-2005 02:56 PM
Last Post: Mux213
  GT4 Released today! Widar 31 30,847 03-20-2005 09:02 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  GT4 cars ZaX 13 18,045 12-29-2004 03:19 PM