Forum promotion
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Forum promotion
Seriously guys, we need to do some more about promoting the forum amongst european 86 drivers. We cant expect them all to find their way here by chance. I'm pointing every european guy I find on club4ag these days to this forum from now on. Can you guys think of any other ways of getting noticed? (except using mux's l33t m4d pr0m0ti0n4l Sk1llZ off course)

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Forum promotion
Besides promoting ourselves on other sites we also need search engine promotion.

I'm currently working on a bit restyling of the site, in which a part is the search keys for search engines. Problem is that the site has to be indexed by a search engine first and I already applied for major search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN. Yahoo and MSN have already done their job, but Google didn't. Apparently it did not work out the way I hoped, yet: the current ranking on Yahoo and MSN are quite low.

Google (and Yahoo) ranking are based on keywords and amount of links to sites and amount of links coming back from other sites. So ending up higher in ranks need to figure out good search keywords and links from and to other sites...

Then there is another issue that we have registered two other domains as well:
http://www.aeu86.org is the european site and http://www.ae86.nl is the dutch site. They will share the same forum (available under aeu86.org and trueno.org) but each of them have their own frontpage.

We are still thinking about the strategy to take with these two domains since we do not want to split up the community which has been built up the past few weeks and keep everything backwards compatible (e.g. trueno.org will be still available but will redirect to aeu86.org).

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Forum promotion]
09-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Forum promotion
I´LL let the other Swede´´s know about this as a start

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
09-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Forum promotion
Hey Kristian,

Well we already have 2 of you guys so only 3 more to goSmileSmileSmile

I tried messaging a number of people on club4ag aswell, thats how I got some people to join. I guess we just have to be patient and make a name for ourselvesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Forum promotion
I'm bothering european club4ag guys as we speak...I see eg6maxx has already joined up...our first frenchman!...hopefully we'll be seeing a portugese 86 driver soon as well!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Forum promotion
Yeah it would be nice to have atleast one member of each country in hereSmileSmile

Hope they take the time to fill in some info about them in the new members part. We still have a number of 0 posters Sad But everyone is free to just read I guessSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Forum promotion
That problem will sort itself out in time..I can understand people hesitating to post on such a small forum. I know most of the 0 post members from club4ag, eg6maxx will be introducing himself tomorrow.
Then there's jdb and Pazza. Jdb is dutch, he has 3 86's completely stripped and waiting for a nice chassis to put 1 great 86 together. I'll see if I can reach him through msn. Pazza is english, posts a lot on club4ag..I'm sure he'll swing around sooner or later.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Forum promotion
Ivan,

Pazza emailed me a couple of days ago when he registered about being busy but being interested so I'm sure he'll be posting.

I dont know our new dutch nor french friends, looking forward to talking to them. And indeed, most people will be looking the cat out of the trees to really badly translate a dutch sayingSmile

When this forum will grow, it will grow faster, the more happens on the forum, and the older it gets, the more people will be interested in it. Heck we are not even 2 weeks old!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Forum promotion
Yup..I'ts a great way to spend my time..promoting our little euro forum. I just mailed peter moller from denmark as well, with so many dansih hachi's out there, we need to have more representatives dont you think :wink:

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Forum promotion
Well Jan's been busy pushing some guys there, hope they will come on aswell. I talked to one of my RX7 friends who has an AE86 owning collegue, trying to get that collegue here aswellSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum is slow MIGGZFSU 10 9,489 11-17-2017 09:06 AM
Last Post: Bean
  Forum unavailability to be expected banpei 0 3,203 11-29-2015 08:58 PM
Last Post: banpei
  New forum version available for preview! banpei 41 40,747 07-16-2014 08:18 PM
Last Post: JonnyAE86