Footwell fuse box...anyone have the layout of the fuses ?
09-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Folks,

my car is missing a fusebox cover - and worst of all I keep blowing out the fuse for the instrument panel when drifting (weird?)

I've had a look in the workshop manual and I can't find any information on this fuse box (i.e. what sizes fuses and which fuse does what) only that of the master reset relay. I guess the fuse box is on the passenger side on european cars ?

Can anyone provide this info ? I need to make sure I'm using the correct fuses and stop of this blowing up - I went through 6 fuses yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Ian.
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Footwell fuse box...anyone ...he fuses ?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
How weird that it's not in the manual. On euro spec cars the fusebox is also located on the left side of the car (the ECU is on the righthand side).
My guess is that you have a loose wire somewhere that shorts out to something while drifting..You could try to see what colour the wire's leading to the fuse have, that way you could look up probable suspects using the wiring diagrams.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Here you go my friend, hope this is readable.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 06:15 PM
hi!!
betwen STOP and CIG fuses there is a unsued fuse, right?
but my AE86 (with 4AGZE) has a fuse there i removed it to see what would stop working and even after puting it again the car wont start and the engine light on dashbord dont light up :s any ideia what might happened?

-==SimRacing Portugal==-
01-11-2013, 11:24 PM
"betwen STOP and CIG fuses there is a unsued fuse, right? "
No, there is an empty and unused fuse socket. The factory does not waste a fuse in it.

"but my AE86 (with 4AGZE) has a fuse there"
I would guess that whoever installed your GZE engine, also did some custom work and used the spare fuse socket instead of adding a fuse to something else. Very nice and neat--but they also should have documented what it did.
Your best bet now is to remove the kick panel and see where the wire from that fuse socket has been connected to. Also check the fuse, sometimes just pulling it out and replacing it breaks the fuse internally and that's enough to cause a problem. Or their wiring may have just been tucked in, and come loose.

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Just check today the fuse box and GZE is working again
it was just a bad conection with one of the plugs around the fuse box, it seems was not geting power to the ECU. Probably got a bit unpluged when touching the fusebox Banging head
and now it makes scence because it works with or without fuse on that unused socket
thanks Wave

-==SimRacing Portugal==-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone got Max Orido's Magical Fuse? banpei 7 1,359 02-08-2024 11:09 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Clicking noise from glove box chrisae86 4 1,381 09-08-2022 11:36 PM
Last Post: chrisae86
  How would/have you rebuild your 4age? joaotcgt 6 8,388 07-21-2015 10:40 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  How far should I have to push my clutch in dinkers542 4 5,583 11-29-2014 11:18 PM
Last Post: dinkers542
  Quick question for those who have relocated their battery.. Jezza_hr 10 9,978 03-06-2014 12:38 AM
Last Post: rene