First Post, A Question
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
First Post, A Question
Hey, this is my first post in this forum, i`ve been reading a lot for the last few days in here, and i decided to do an acc., first of all let me say u guys have quite a community here, keep it going Thumbs up! . Im from Dominican Republic, im 20 years old and of course, i love the AE86 and toyotas in general.

So here`s the thing, i wanna start a Drift daily driver project but im on a very tight budget....and by tight i mean TIGHT (i think thats how u write it Tongue) i have seen a few 86 coupes for sale, wich are extremely hard to come by here and im not even going to talk about a hachirokus...but they are in a terrible state, i mean i`ll have to invest a lot more than what i can in ANY car right now, so then i came across a chasis....its almost perfect, not even scratches and my mechanic tells me its not going to be hard to put in a 4AGE (16V or 20V, depends on how much i pay for the car) but i got two problems with it, the car was going to be a drag racer with a 2JZ engine so it haves a HUGE differencial from a pick up truck, my ppl tells me that i should find an AE86 LSD to adapt it, and the 2nd and most troublesome thing....its NOT an AE86...its not even an Coupe...its an KE50 or 79 corolla, the car its in perfect state i just gotta get the LSD and the Engine, and thats it, but idk if i can actually drift OK in this car...thats why im here, i wanna know if anyone have seen a project like this, or if its doable and if its worth all the trouble, sorry for the long post and thx in advance for the responses.
Find all posts by this user
08-16-2008, 12:15 PM
First Post, A Question
The fact that it's not an AE86 works in your favour Smile You will not
feel so bad when you have to cut and weld and drill on it to adapt
parts to fit. Since it has no engine, you can fit almost any suitable
Toyota (or Nissan, GM, Ford etc) engine/gearbox that you can find
at a good price. If you locate a suitable wreck, you maybe can get
the differential at the same time Smile

Don't be afraid to mix and match... and cut and weld !! The AE86
LSD differential and axles are not the strongest around. You can
probably find stronger alternatives for less money. Try and find an
engine that has decent power stock, rather than spend countless
hours and a bucket of money modifying a 4AGE. A 2 litre turbo
engine would be a good base for an all round fun car Thumbs up!

Cheers... jondee86
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RT's Levin from Azores (1st post updated 2015) RT 66 76,265 08-07-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Just got my first AE86 JDMjonSR5 6 12,086 09-13-2012 09:13 PM
Last Post: Rascal21
  My First Project 1984 AE86 Memo 12 13,478 06-18-2011 05:56 AM
Last Post: Memo
  can any post sum pics ov carbon hatch/bootlid irish ae86 4 7,046 03-26-2011 07:15 PM
Last Post: irish ae86
  my first corolla rwhp7288 2 4,471 09-18-2010 09:23 PM
Last Post: Uzelac