FAQ companion thread
12-20-2005, 06:44 PM
FAQ companion thread
Please post remarks and stuff about the FAQ (that will be up in a minute) here!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
FAQ companion thread
You guys made a nice start...here's a couple of remarks I have so far:

-We need to have a second look at the grammar/spelling...I noticed a few errors.
-An index by subject would eventually be nice, if at all possible preferably with links to the subjects.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
FAQ companion thread
It's a very very good move. Too much work. How can we help?

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - FAQ companion thread] http://www.jdmbits.com
12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
FAQ companion thread
Ivan, I know, I wrote this very quickly because we've been postponing this way to long. If you can PM me grammer changes than I will copy paste themSmile
I'll look into the link thing, that should be very well possible using some bookmarks..

nmwisima, just look at the stickies and other threads in this forum and see if you can make little sumeries that I can simply place within the FAQ.

The FAQ should eventually become a place where people can quickly find an anwer to common questions without having to read through pages of discussions. It should also stay as factual as possible. For instance the remarks about what oils to use. Which brand is best I've purposefully left out because this is a matter of opinion. I might even have gone to far with my reasoning for not using addatives.

Also look for things that can be improved with the information currently given. This was all written in a bit of a hurry so there are bound to be mistakes in there.

Owh, and the above does not go for just nmwisima, anyone who thinks he has a nice addition to the FAQ please pm me and I'll evaluate it and if it applies add it to the FAQ.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
FAQ companion thread
I'd like to suggest to use this thread as well for all other FAQ stickies. Wink
So I'll just move this topic to another subforum.

Also: we will try to put the FAQs also on the frontpage. How we'll do it is another thing, but I'll try to make a link to the FAQs on forum from the frontpage. That will do for now. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - FAQ companion thread]
12-22-2005, 09:09 AM
FAQ companion thread
We can always put the content in HTML like on club4ag, easy enough to do. But first we need to gather some content. I'll chat about it with mux next saturday, I'll bring my camera and we can do a how-to for swapping over doors right away.. Tongue

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
FAQ companion thread
Ivan141 Wrote:We can always put the content in HTML like on club4ag, easy enough to do. But first we need to gather some content. I'll chat about it with mux next saturday, I'll bring my camera and we can do a how-to for swapping over doors right away.. Tongue
That's no problem at all: just copy-paste. Wink
Problem with that is that each time someone changes an FAQ the Frontpage FAQ needs to be altered as well. Undecided
Currently it's linked quite ugly and hopefully in the future (if I can find some spare time) link it directly. Smile

12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
FAQ companion thread
banpei

could you create a wiki on the site that can grow into a real-world hachi roku encylopedia added to by authenticated and moderated members. Hopefully that would take some of the load directly from you guys. It would become like a european version of the ae86 bible over time.

maybe phpWikip/ will just bolt straight into the bb software or there is a plugin for phpbb ?

Regards Ian.
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
FAQ companion thread
A wiki has other problems: its more like a encyclopedia and functionality like a calendar or user gallery are very hard to implement, so converting the frontpage to a wiki is not an option and integration of the wiki into mambo is very hard...
The other way around: integrating the wiki into phpbb is possible:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php...29&start=0

However turning the FAQ into a wiki might actually solve some other problems as well. Smile

Thanks for the input Ian! Thumbs up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NoHachi's TE72 promotional thread. NoHachi 34 44,227 08-25-2007 12:37 AM
Last Post: .:Aggi:.