Europian club meeting
09-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Europian club meeting
Hi everyone,

Since I was already talking about this to Jesse last night and it was now brought up in the DK section, lets throw this in the group.

Seeing we are getting a larger number of members here it may be nice to organise a little gettogether in the center of europa. It would offcourse be nice if we organise near a track or something.

There are some options here that we should start discussing. The nurburgring has been named which is a great place. You can drive on it after paying so we dont need to rent the track. There is plenty of space for a meeting. The big problem is that the ring is one of the most dangerous circuits in europe (it wasn't closed to F1 for nothing). It was put down in a time that engineers had cars in mind that drive as fast as your grandma's punto. So alot of fun to be had, but also alot of chance atleast one of us gets hurt.

Another choice would be to rent a small track. This will cost alot more cash. In Holland Lelystad springs to mind, I know some friends who can help us out with that one. I know there are 2 or 3 tracks in Denmark that could be an option. There is Neiderheim in germany (only rentable during the week) which is an abandoned airstrip, very nice for drifting, does have some dangers though. I know some of my tjech friends go to a track around prague which is supposed to be very nice (the trip there costs some gas but it would be a great cheap place to get a hotel for the night, do a trackday during the day, sleep another night and head back home).

For some of them I know some friends that rent out these places 'regularly' and will most likely help us out.

So lets hear some more ideas and see what we can deside on and organize something for this year before the snow starts to fallWink (although one of the tracks we'd have to rent might not be possible till next year)

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Europian club meeting
I think the idea of a european meeting is great, but it's very difficult to get people together over the distances some people would have to travel.
Speaking for myself I would drive my hachi to the nurburgring, but any furter and I would have great concerns for my cars reliability. Lets not rush this just yet. I think it would be good to let the forum grow a little first. We still havent got any german and belgian members, and I know there are plenty of hachi's out there.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Europian club meeting
I agree, it will be cool to have a meeting somewhere in the future. But for now any meeting that i will be part of has to be @my home where my car is. Cause it's a bit hard to travel with a car that doesn't have a running engine :roll:
09-21-2004, 07:57 AM
Europian club meeting
The idea is great, but some of us have to travel quite bit. Thats why I prefer to have a meeting in the middle of Germany.

Another possibility is to tag along to the international Celica meeting in Jels, Denmark.

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Europian club meeting]
09-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Europian club meeting
Jan,

That would be good toSmile Can you get us some information about that event? We can always make it an informal visit, I need to head out to denmark one of these days to pick up some things anywaysSmile

I just found out the prices in CZ for some opertunities. 1000 euro to rent an airfield for a day, 10 euro for driving on one of the GP tracks there for a couple of hours

Damn thats cheap!Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Europian club meeting
How about the annual big Easter Toyota-meeting at the Nürburgring?

Why motorsports? Because other sports require only one ball!
09-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Europian club meeting
The meeting in jels was held in july Sad But there is allways next year...

Im not sure my engine/gearbox would stand the extra stress on the track. But in a year or two Im ready Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Europian club meeting
Jesse,

easter? Isn't the track closed by then? The snow on the twisty roads around the ring would be nice but dangerous playing ground then thoughSmile

Jan, gearbox?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Europian club meeting
Transmision Smile

09-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Europian club meeting
Jan,

I know what it is, I'm just surprised you name your gearbox as the culprit. Why dont you swap it out?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star 86 Meeting in France with Tsuchiya san ! Project D 0 3,248 05-30-2016 04:23 PM
Last Post: Project D
  1st Canarian AE86 Meeting T_AE86 5 7,460 07-10-2013 12:31 AM
Last Post: chrisd1
  AE86 Meeting in Hong Kong winchi.c 8 8,973 09-14-2011 03:52 PM
Last Post: KD2229
  Hachi-roku meeting at Daikoku Futo Area in Tokyo Downtown roadrunner 29 26,495 08-06-2009 02:17 AM
Last Post: |BUDA|
  Hot Version AE86 Club ellinas82 3 4,430 11-02-2008 02:30 AM
Last Post: Project D