European AE86 Database?
10-23-2004, 01:56 AM
European AE86 Database?
On the Dutch Supra forum, there is a guy who made a database with (almost) all known Supra's in Holland (+ some information about it for instance: engine, type of gearbox, mods, mileage at last BHG repair and so on).

You can search in the database by license plate (so if you spotted an Supra, you can look it up there.)

Could it be an idea for here to? (but then for all over Europe).

Shall i contact the guy who keeps the Supra database?

I can't show you how the database looks like, because it's offline due to a removal.

Normally it should be here

But, as i said, it's offline untill he's online again Big Grin

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2004, 02:11 AM
European AE86 Database?
Hi there, the idea is cool, but i'm kinda scared of someone seeing me perform some crazy stunt, and finding all sorts of information about me. Like where i live and stuff
:wink: I'm kinda curious how much the supra list reveals.
10-23-2004, 02:23 AM
European AE86 Database?
it only says owner name (if known) and license plate, NOT where you live (could attract some people who want an AE86 but not intend to buy one Wink)

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-23-2004, 08:54 AM
European AE86 Database?
But if you know owner's name you can find other data (address, etc.) in the online phone book...
10-23-2004, 10:05 AM
European AE86 Database?
I dont think license plate is necessary either. Just arrange it by chassis code. http://www.hachilife.com also has a database for ae86's...

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2004, 10:30 AM
European AE86 Database?
For the last 1,5 year I've written down all the dutch AE86 I've seen. Since I found most of these cars on the internet, I don't know very much from most cars. As far as possible I've registered the colour, the owner, where it comes from, whether it was for sale, license plate and where I've seen it. From all cars I've seen I also kept the photo.

The entire list contains about 30 dutch cars (and there are a couple on the list that don't exist anymore...)

Might be helpful as a start?

Why motorsports? Because other sports require only one ball!
10-23-2004, 10:49 AM
European AE86 Database?
Adding something for that that is managed by one of us is pretty easy. I do wonder what info we should put online. I too am concerned about showing number plates. VIN numbers with owner information and a general description of the car (color, zenki/kouki, coupe/hatch, levin/trueno) would be nice.

Offcourse what is also a possibility is that we add these fields to the user information on this site. Then an owner who has become a member can deside for himself whether he wishes to post this information. Only shortcoming then is for people who are not on this board or for people having more then 1 car..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-26-2004, 07:06 PM
European AE86 Database?
If You have the licenceplate You can run a check on the car and in most (if not all) countries to learn if the car's insured, taxed and if it is ok for use in traffic. Most likely the name and adress are public information as well in most cases. All You need is a phone.
Another call gives You the car owners phone and cellphone numbers
You can't hide if spotted on the street, but I suggest no license plate numbers in an AE86 database accessible on the Internet.

I'm a bit reluctant to VIN code as well.
In some cases You can get the registration by using the VIN code. But not all, apparently.

I failed with this in the Netherlands a few weeks ago. I had the stated VIN The number checked out as real with the manufacturer and corresponded to the sellers ad but the receptionist at RDW couldn't get a hit with it. She suggested the car might have a Yellow plate. What does that mean?
I didn't bother to ask since I figured the seller would give me his license number if he was for real, but he suddenly stopped returning e-mails. Perhaps the car got sold. Still on mobile.de though.
Sorry for getting a bit off topic here.
10-26-2004, 10:02 PM
European AE86 Database?
Johan,

Yellow plates are normal plates asfar as I know. Maybe they only give out plate information about company vehicles, not sure. As far as I know you are not allowed to get the information about the owner based on plates anyways due to privacy laws.

This was a hole issue a while back because gas station owners could photograph plates for owners who filled up their tank but didn't pay, but where not allowed to use the information to track down the owner. Now they can but only through legal people. A private person will not be able to get owner information using plates or other info about a car.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
European AE86 Database?
Thanks!
Good info to have.

But I got the impression that RDW would check the status of that car for me when I called. She searched useing the VIN no questions asked.
Since she didn't get a hit and suggested Yellow plates, wich that car should've had if they are the normal ones, we might just have misunderstood each other a bit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a European 86 for the UK Blueneon 2 3,706 02-21-2013 11:47 PM
Last Post: fax0815
  Prodrift European Series Rd1 Eircamae86 3 3,908 04-24-2008 06:56 AM
Last Post: F0Bman
  Prodrift European Series Eircamae86 1 3,266 11-02-2007 11:56 PM
Last Post: Eircamae86
  European N2 Race? Eircamae86 13 10,451 08-21-2007 08:27 PM
Last Post: speed-inc
  European AE86? smallport4ag 22 18,602 11-28-2005 07:47 AM