Euro Meet 2005 ?
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Me & Zax from Croatia have beentalking about ameeting in 2005 somewhere in Europe.

.. We should all consider this as a big possibility of meeting eachother for a weekend.

places to arrange the meet are not limited..... just limited to EUROPE.

. i don´t belive in a meetinge this year though, since this site is "too new".

& it´s too late in the year already.

I recommend Easter & middle of summer next year.

Everyone. please keep this thread alive with tips & advice in arranging Euro-Corolla-Meet-2005 (as i propose to call it)

Not just Hachi´s.... but all Corollas..
we will be way to few for a pure Hachi meet unfortunatly.

Best regards/
....................Kristian - Sweden

[email protected]

I can if you guys allow me... keep the arranging stuff to me.
Ie... contact tracks, hotells & stuff.

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Eeaster holidays seams like a good idea to me.
Enough time to prepare the cars and plan everything.
I'm willing to travel almost anywhere in Europe.

Maybe it would be good that i team up with guy from slovenia, so we can travel in pair, just in case.

What do you think?

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
09-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Heheh thread #3 about europian meetsSmile

Anyways I am all for it. Just the location is a question. Earlier suggested Nurburgring has its disadvantages although its the most obvious choice.

Was talking the other day with Higgi from tjechian RX7 club. They rent out an old airfield for something like 1000 euro a day, that may be a fun thing to doSmile Also small kart circuit nearby that you can drive on for an hour or two for something like 20 euro per car, yeah kart circuit! Big enough to do some nice driving:

http://jr-tuning.net/video/drift1.avi
http://jr-tuning.net/video/drift2.avi
(oops CZ people cant drift obviouslySmile)

Only thing is that for alot of people CZ is a bit of a drive. It is pretty cheap staying there for a weekend thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
mux213 Wrote:Heheh thread #3 about europian meets:)Was talking the other day with Higgi from tjechian RX7 club. They rent out an old airfield for something like 1000 euro a day, that may be a fun thing to doSmile Also small kart circuit nearby that you can drive on for an hour or two for something like 20 euro per car, yeah kart circuit! Big enough to do some nice driving:

http://jr-tuning.net/video/drift1.avi
http://jr-tuning.net/video/drift2.avi
(oops CZ people cant drift obviouslySmile)

Maaaaaaan... next ae86 Euro meet at this TRACK please.

I´ll easily get myself & my car there.(on the trailer)
come on..lets book this place.. i bet that we could even camp at the
track if we rent it for the weekend

mux213: please ask the tjechian RX7 club for help regarding this.
ALso ask them for some contactinformation about this track.
pics & stuff aswell.

Kristian

09-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
sleeping ??
... i want answers.. this track is AWESOME

.. Will20v..
i bet yo like it too Big Grin

I just checked.. I have just over 1000 kms to get there.

I thought it was like 2000 kms....

I think i´ll go next week Cool

09-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Hey Kristian,

You mean the kart track? Yeah looks pretty sweetSmile

Actually next year Higgy is planning a meet for the europian RX7 members on the rx7club.com board.
1 day at the airfield
1 day at the track
another day at the airfield

Camping for the adventurous ones, but there are plenty of cheap B&Bs around for people who rather sleep in a normal bed and have a shower 'n stuffSmile

I could ask him if we could do a joint EU 86 and EU RX7 meet. I wouldn't want to try and get to many people together. Just enough to bring the price per person down but not so much that you have to do a whole lot of organising. Remember, having 40 cars or something at a track means a whole lot more chance of people getting hurt.

I'll also ask him for the link to the page with the pictures they took of both the track and airfield.

Only one hitch though. These places need to be booked way in advance. Higgi already let the RX7 guys know they should be ready to pay in the next 2 or 3 months. Thats the only way to be sure of the dates.

Here is the link to the RX7 meeting discussion (well part of it atleastSmile):
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=350072

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Like I said, Im more than ready if my car is!

If it isnt just hachis, why just corollas then? I think this should be either all toyota or just ae86 Smile

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Euro Meet 2005 ?]
09-24-2004, 11:53 AM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Joining forces with the RX7 guys doesnt sound too bad to me, but it is a bit short notice. Getting more toyota owners in is going to be difficult. This forum is indeed "too new", most toyota clubs dont know us either, making it difficult to get them to travel. At least we all agree that we should meet at a track or airfield (such as niederrhein in germany) so we can have some fun going sideways. Again, regular corollas dont go sideways so they prolly wouldnt see the fun in going to such an event anyway, and getting it too crowded wouldnt be much fun either.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
09-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
Ivan141 Wrote:Joining forces with the RX7 guys doesnt sound too bad to me, but it is a bit short notice. Getting more toyota owners in is going to be difficult. This forum is indeed "too new", most toyota clubs dont know us either, making it difficult to get them to travel. At least we all agree that we should meet at a track or airfield (such as niederrhein in germany) so we can have some fun going sideways. Again, regular corollas dont go sideways so they prolly wouldnt see the fun in going to such an event anyway, and getting it too crowded wouldnt be much fun either.

Ivan.. i ment summer 2005 Smile

09-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Euro Meet 2005 ?
It doesn't have to be per definition that if we dont get 30 hachi's to go, this is a failure. We are pretty new and we should set our goals accordingly.

Also managing 30 people at an event like this is madness. Even with the RX7 group we'd probably only be 20 maybe 25 cars at most (about 10 - 15 rx7s will be there I think).

If 7 or 8 of us go to this first meet, that would already be a great success. We do have to realize that only a select few would even consider driving such a long distance just to meet some other hachi owners.

So I definately see alot of advantages keeping this first meet small and letting it grow bigger and bigger over the years then to try and start out big now and make this one big toyota meet. If we want to make it one big toyota meet I also wonder if this forum would be the correct place to plan it from. Besides to my knowladge there already are a couple of meets like this so why bother trying to compete with them? We would be better of joining one of their events then trying to get them join ours.

As for the choice of Niederheim, if I am not mistaken Niederheim costs something like 4000 euros per day bringing the cost up a fair amount especially considering we'd be doing it without the RX7 guys. (its been awhile that I last checked, if someone knows current prices for Niederheim please post them!). Even with the extra traveling expenses to CZ it may still be cheaper then NiederheimSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AE86 Annual Meet UK Nismo 12 8,947 08-02-2020 11:12 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Enjoy86 meet 2017 Spitfire 0 3,001 07-14-2017 12:03 PM
Last Post: Spitfire
  What about ae86 meet 2014? Martynas 8 11,321 01-10-2017 02:44 PM
Last Post: Martynas
  Enjoy86 meet and trackday 6.8.2016 Spitfire 4 5,490 05-29-2016 10:14 PM
Last Post: banpei
  King of Europe - France Round 2 [Meet the King] Project D 0 3,148 03-10-2016 06:40 PM
Last Post: Project D