Engine aesthetics
01-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Engine aesthetics
Don't know if this should go in the offtopic forum since it doesn'n really concern an AE86, but i'll try it anyway.. Wave

So i've got this engine block (3S) that I'm restoring and, if all goes well, putting in an AE82.. Huh

Right now it kinda looks like something that has been lying in a swamp for 12 years.. It has rust all over it. Someone said to me that cast iron doesn't rust but I have evidence of the opposite right in my shower. (That's right boys, i'm single)

I'm looking for some inspiration concering the looks of the engine when it is ready to put in the car.. Isn't it a bit boring to just paint it red, black or silver?

What do you think?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Using: -98 Camry 3.0 V6
Abusing : -85 Corolla 2.0 GTi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Engine aesthetics
First go to machinist to check the block if it's reusable. If it is, sandblast it.

Check this thead -> http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.ph...opic=39476

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Engine aesthetics
If you dont like the typical colours, paint it whatever colour you can find that you like. I've seen one particular 4age buildup that was painted in about every bright colour imaginable...powered by skittles, I think it's the one in zax's link.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Engine aesthetics
That engine looks crazy.. Huh

Looks like it's made out of lego.. Smile

Using: -98 Camry 3.0 V6
Abusing : -85 Corolla 2.0 GTi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  toyota a series engine....can a fwd corolla engine be used 210 datsun guy 5 7,590 10-30-2013 11:18 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Need engine,any engine Apolan 25 16,302 10-29-2006 06:55 PM
Last Post: ZaX