EU zenki turn signal problem/question
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
EU zenki turn signal problem/question
Hey people,

another day another problem Undecided I was mounting on my zenki front bumper today (had a kouki one on but the turn signals light bulb cases are so rusty that it simply wont let any electricity through, I cant even pull them out. But thats not the problem). After everything was done, I tried the turn signals but the left one doesnt work (it worked last time I checked - 3 weeks ago). The bulbs are new and shine perfectly, I swiched the left to right and vice versa and yet again, only the right works.

Logicaly, there must be a wiring problem. I checked the cables and they seem to be ok (as I said it worked great 3 weeks ago), so I have no idea where to start. One thing though concerns me, I tried to unmount the front left quaterpanel turnsignals (they didnt work since I got the car) to check if the problem is with the bulb but I didnt manage to get it, it sortof "fell" inside the quaterpanel, though the wiring stayed intact.

I would like to ask if the front and side turn signals work in one closed electrical cicle, which would mean that damaging the side signals will cause the front ones not to work. This will give me an idea where to start Smile I tried to remove the quaterpanel to check but had no luck at all, the thing seems to be glued or something...

Thanks a lot people Smile

EDIT:
Thanks boys for the Tech FAQ page, I managed to find the electrical wiring diagrams Smile But I dont understand sh*t anyway.... Heres the wiring of turn signals, as far as I understand it seems that the front turn signals should work even when the side signals wont... In that case, where could the problem be? Sad

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - EU zenki turn signal problem/question]

86ers.org
AE86 x GXE10
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start wont turn over after installing radio MC_JP 6 8,850 09-22-2014 11:13 PM
Last Post: izanagi
  Toyota COPs tach signal Jan Pedersen 5 6,549 01-14-2014 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jan Pedersen
  4agZe problem solved - 99% IC problem Okami 41 32,923 07-12-2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: Okami
  Zenki trueno indicatop and zenki levin bumper MR2 aw11 BOOMEX 3 5,992 12-28-2011 12:16 PM
Last Post: BOOMEX
  VSS signal from stock cluster ? Uzelac 7 9,157 12-13-2011 01:42 PM
Last Post: Uzelac